Dondlinger Construction Company is one of the industry’s most experienced general contractors with over 125 years in business. Founded in 1898, Dondlinger has a long history of completing landmark projects throughout the region, including Kansas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Missouri and Iowa. We have capabilities in commercial building, civil construction; including bridge and heavy highway, and underground utility construction. In addition, Dondlinger works year-round, has career advancement opportunities, and comprehensive benefits. Visit our website at www.dondlinger.build to learn more about our completed and currently “under construction” projects, our rich past and our exciting future. Dondlinger Construction is an EEO employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Job Title: Heavy Equipment Operator - KC Civil Division
- Operate heavy equipment for Underground Utility and Earthwork Projects. Can include Storm, Sanitary and Waterline installation for new builds and repairs.
- Excavate and backfill Underground Utility lines
- Grading, dirt placement and earth compaction
- Pick and safely handle tools and material such as concrete forms, rebar, concrete buckets
- Excavate and install rip rap
- Structure Demolition (Trees, existing structure, old utility lines..etc.)
- Break and excavate rock and safely load or size to specification
- Load dirt, rock and demolished concrete and asphalt in on-road trucks
- Grease equipment at the end of each working day.
- Check fluid levels on equipment prior to use.
- Perform daily general inspections of equipment before operating begins to ensure equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Other misc. duties as directed by your supervisor.
- Know Company safety policies and adhere to them while working at all times
- Proven experience operating heavy equipment, such as: excavator, front end loader, skid steer/track loader and dozer.
- Must be willing and able to work as a laborer when not operating equipment.
- Experience operating with GPS system preferred, but not required.
- Must have good working knowledge of OSHA regulations.
- Be capable of operating equipment efficiently
CANDIDATES WHO ARE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE FIELD TESTED AS PART OF THE INTERVIEW AND SELECTION PROCESS. THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION
What do we offer?
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off