Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other and we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Western States Fire Protection is looking for an entry level Shop Assistant. This position will assist, when necessary, with the duties listed below while learning the business and potentially working into a Shop Foreman position. Additionally, the ideal candidate will maintain the organization and efficiency of the shop supplies and processes.
- Organize and dispense material for delivery – quality control checks needed before materials hit the jobs
- Receive material and distribute to jobs or trucks
- Collect materials at vendors and deliver to job site
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Maintain a clean shop and validating that special tools and shop equipment are in proper operating condition
- Select, repair and organize tools as needed
- Willing to operate a forklift as well as other tools, equipment and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures
- Write Purchase Orders
- Track material orders
- Other duties as assigned
- Construction industry experience is preferred
- Fabrication experience is a plus
- Intermediate computer skills, able to work with Excel and Word
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Mechanically inclined
- Possess a valid driver's license with a clean record; in accordance with Company policy
- Willing to pass a post-offer background check and drug test
Moderate standing, walking, climbing, heavy lifting, carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling and reaching. Work inside and outside, around moving objects and with vehicles and machinery with moving parts.
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor