APi is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking a detailed oriented Systems Engineer. In this role, you will implement, design, develop support processes, and maintain systems infrastructure. You will also be involved in the implementation and design of hardware and some software. Systems Engineers will ensure IT server infrastructure is properly maintained and upgraded following change management processes. Maintaining documentation and Sox compliance is also key in this role.
- Expert at virtual machine management (templates, deployment, etc.)
- Skilled with monitoring, reporting, capacity planning,
- Versed in VMWare DR capabilities
- Automate both ESX, VCenter, and Guest based updates and configurations
- MFA management processes
- Conditional Access Policies
- Enterprise Application Setup and Management
- Experience with IAAS in Azure, Google Cloud, or AWS
- Migration Experience
- Migrating existing workloads (lift and shift)
- Analysis, sizing, and cost estimating is a plus
- Developing ongoing maintenance processes
- Monitoring and troubleshooting these environments
- IDP with Azure Enterprise and registered applications is a must.
- 3+ Years of experience with Cloud (Azure, AWS, or Google) design, engineer, and management
- 5+ Years in each of the following areas:
- Active Directory
- Group Policy Administration
- Microsoft Windows Servers/Clients
- 5+ Years with disaster recovery options, implementation, and testing
- 5+ Years of VMware experience.
- 5+ Years of scripting and automation (PowerShell, python, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to work at times outside business hours to meet project deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and analytic, problem-solving skills.
- Self-directed and motivated
- Light travel is required
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders. Please note: Relocation assistance is not available for this position.