Title: Utility Arborist
Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports To: Regional Supervisor
CNUC is the premier provider of innovative, economically sensible and environmentally sustainable vegetation management services.
Our consulting and operations team is highly regarded with an unparalleled understanding of utility vegetation management (UVM) industry best management practices and legal and regulatory requirements.
We partner with clients to improve their vegetation programs through inspection and auditing services, emergency response, consulting and research, often combined with software and LiDAR solutions. Our expertise goes beyond operations by providing the largest and most comprehensive UVM Benchmarking Survey in North America.
- Identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along utility
- Submit inspection results to clients with
- Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of assigned line-clearance
- Discuss and negotiate line-clearance crew access
- Serve as a liaison between clients, tree crews, and client
- Safeguards employees and public from hazards in and around the work
- Helps enforce on-the-job safety
- Carries and utilizes materials, tools, and equipment at work site.
- Services truck and equipment. Keeps trucks and other assigned equipment in a neat and orderly fashion. Reports the need for equipment and truck repairs to
- Performs other related duties as required or
- Minimum of two (2) year degree in Forestry or related field experience, or 12 months of Line Clearance Experience required
- Must obtain ISA Certified Arborist certification within 12 months
- Must study and pass the Utility Line Clearance Course / Employer Testing
- Must obtain and retain PA Department of Agriculture Commercial Pesticide Applicator License (Category 10) within six (6) months
- Competitive wages/excellent benefits
- Clothing allowance
- Wellness Reimbursement
- ESOP - A retirement plan completely funded by the company
- Rich culture - driven by private ownership and intentional leadership
- Smart phone
- Company vehicle/fuel card
- Ongoing training and credentialing
- Access to industry related training materials
Full-time positions include participation in an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) after 1 year of employment. Pre-employment and post-hiring drug screening is a condition of employment.
To apply, visit https://wearecnuc.com/careers/ and submit an application.