Title: Utility Arborist VM Supervisor
Type: Full Time
Reports To: Regional Supervisor
CNUC is the premier provider of innovative, economically sensible and environmentally sustainable vegetation management services.
Our consulting and operations team is highly regarded with an unparalleled understanding of utility vegetation management (UVM) industry best management practices and legal and regulatory requirements.
We partner with clients to improve their vegetation programs through inspection and auditing services, emergency response, consulting and research, often combined with software and LiDAR solutions. Our expertise goes beyond operations by providing the largest and most comprehensive UVM Benchmarking Survey in North America.
- Coordinate the daily activities of CUF’s
- Act as the intermediary between CNUC personnel and Utility Personnel
- Train, supervise, and audit CUF’s
- Identify, inspect, and evaluate trees and brush along utility lines
- Submit inspection results to clients with recommendations
- Discuss and negotiate line-clearance crew access issues
- Serve as a liaison between clients, tree crews, and client customer
- Safeguard employees and the public from hazards in and around the work area
- Help enforce on-the-job safety practices
- Carry and utilize materials, tools, and equipment at work site
- Service trucks and equipment. Keep trucks and other assigned equipment in a neat and orderly fashion. Report the need for equipment and truck repairs to supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in UVM consulting
- Minimum of five (5) years as Inspector 3 or equivalent
- Must meet all qualifications of Inspector 3 and perform any assigned duties associated with all preceding levels
- Must be able to work independently in a fair and responsible manner as a VM Inspector and adhere to all requirements of this position according to DLC Specifications, Scope of Work, and Terms and Conditions of the Purchase Agreement
- Must hold ISA Certified Arborist Certification
- Must be an ISA Utility Specialist within six (6) months
- Must work overtime hours as required. Overtime approval by Manager of DLC Vegetation Management required
- Must be PA Department of Agriculture Commercial Pesticide Licensed (Category 10) or equivalent upon approval from DLC
- Must successfully complete one (1) ISA Hazard Tree or one (1) ISA Tree Risk Assessment training course within twelve (12) months (Note: Hazard tree course may include ISA credential course or program presented by qualified instructors that is recognized as valuable by the ISA in the form of a minimum of 4 CEUs)
- Must possess well-developed communication skills along with the ability to gain trust and confidence with peers and contractors while driving and accomplishing desired results
- Must successfully complete two (2) soft skills training courses as specified and assigned by employer, on personal time
- Must possess strong supervisory and communications skills to serve as the liaison between DLC and the contractor workforce. Must be able to work independently as the team lead to achieve DLC goals and motivate the workforce to accomplish the work on schedule and within budget
- Must be in good standing with employer and DLC at all times, and as scored in DLC field audits (95%), with Zero Tolerance personally and professionally for unsafe work practices
- Must have solid, in-depth knowledge of UVM practices and principles, as well as industry regulations and NERC FAC-003 Vegetation Management Reliability Standard
- Must be strong in computer skills, both basic Microsoft programs as well as collective data management, GIS-based work planning and work management software
- Must have developed skills and experience to independently address and resolve customer issues
- Competitive wages/excellent benefits
- Clothing allowance
- Wellness Reimbursement
- ESOP - A retirement plan completely funded by the company
- Rich culture - driven by private ownership and intentional leadership
- Smart phone
- Company vehicle/fuel card
- Ongoing training and credentialing
- Access to industry related training materials
Full-time positions include participation in an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) after 1 year of employment. Pre-employment and post-hiring drug screening is a condition of employment.
To apply, visit https://wearecnuc.com/careers/ and submit an application.