Tarlton Corporation has served as a St. Louis-based general contracting and construction management firm since 1946. We have built strong ties to the region, excellent working relationships with a wide-ranging list of established and new clients, a commitment to project and workforce diversity, and a carefully laid foundation to promote continued growth. Tarlton is a Women's Business Enterprise as certified by the City of St. Louis, State of Missouri and Women's Business Enterprise National Council.
Tarlton is a closely held, client-driven corporation employing an average of 300 people. Our organizational structure is relatively flat so clients and personnel can benefit from continual access to our executives, who take an active role in all Tarlton operations.
Our range of preconstruction and construction services in the commercial, institutional, industrial, life sciences, healthcare and concrete markets is extensive. Tarlton works on projects diverse in scope and size, in both renovation and new construction.
Our philosophy is simple: Take care of the client first and treat others as we would like to be treated. No project is too large or too small if it’s work a client wants completed.
Join our team!
MAJOR GOALS AND PURPOSE
The Estimator is responsible for providing accurate and complete estimates for projects based on company historical costs. This individual will maintain a working knowledge of industry related costs and will develop costing data based on new construction technology, innovations, and market trends. This individual will also establish and maintain contacts with subcontractors, suppliers, architects, and engineers to ensure maximum knowledge and competitiveness of estimate, and will provide budgets and lump sum estimates for construction of commercial development projects.
- Review and analyze bid documents and evaluate jobsite conditions.
- Prepare and execute subcontractor and material supplier solicitation.
- Review area labor agreements for work rule and wage determinations.
- Prepare quantity surveys and pricing as applicable to project scope of work.
- Prepare preliminary project schedule and pre-planning evaluation.
- Prepare project General Conditions costs.
- Consult, coordinate, and summarize subcontractors and material supplier's scopes of work.
- Prepare final bid compilation sheet.
- Coordinate and compile final bid.
- Prepare post bid information and summary sheets.
- Prepare scope comparison sheets, purchase schedules and cost book on successful estimates.
- Review estimate, purchase schedule and cost book with Director, Project Managers, and Engineers.
- Various other duties as assigned.
BEHAVIORAL TRAITS, ATTITUDES, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Self motivator, above average aggressiveness, efficient time manager, above average sociability, aptitude for planning, organizing, and problem solving. Must have the desire to meet required demanding deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Architecture or Construction Management is preferred
- Five years experience in Estimating
- General knowledge of construction techniques and industry practices
- Computer training and mathematical background helpful
- Great Company Culture!
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and LTD
- Vacation and Sick Pay
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement