Ellis Fire Suppression, Inc., a subsidiary of Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Company, was established in 2005 and is based in Billerica, MA. We are a full-service contractor for the New England area, specializing in both water-based and chemical suppression systems, as well as fire alarms and extinguishers. Ellis has an on-site fabrication shop and 24-hour emergency response team. Our dedicated team is committed to providing excellence in fire protection.
At Davis-Ulmer / Ellis Fire Suppression, we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for an Administrative Assistant in our Fire Alarm Division. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
The Administrative Assistant supports the Branch operations by maintaining office systems and processes.
- Opens new service jobs in the system, ensuring correct information has been entered to accurately bill and maintain the job.
- Obtains information needed for each job such as, PO#’s, tax-exempt forms, insurance certificates, utilization reports, liens, credit applications and certified payroll information.
- Upload proposals for service field quotes
- Obtains permits for electrical/fire alarm installs, as well as disconnects & reconnects
- Collect and monitor paperwork from technicians
- Send submittal packages
- Order and maintain truck stock and tools
- Receive service orders (life safety)
- Dispatch technicians to emergency calls and track during normal operating hours
- Send billing information to Service Coordinator
- Taking incoming sales calls/leads for distribution
- Other duties or special projects as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED required; Associate’s Degree preferred
- Previous experience in an administrative setting or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience in the fire protection industry a plus
- Good oral, written and telephone skills
- Good customer service skills
- Time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Moderate to advanced computer skills including Microsoft products
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Office environment – moderate noise
- Mostly sedentary role with the need to move about the office to copy, scan, fax and file
- Will require opening of heavy file cabinets with bending, stooping or kneeling to file
- May require light lifting of storage boxes, packages to be mailed, etc.
- May require consistent time spent on the computer and phone throughout the day
- May require occasional driving to obtain job permits
LIMITATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory results of a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"