LeJeune Steel Company and its affiliates, Wisconsin Structural Steel (WSSCO) and Industrial Fabricators Inc. (IFI), are industry leading structural steel fabricators committed to building better communities. We do this through excellence, quality, and value in our structural solutions, continuous growth and opportunity for our employees, and mutually beneficial relationships with all our partners. We want our structures to connect people, provide safe places for business and pleasure, and give life to the ideas of the people who design them and who use them.
- Professional – give full effort, learn, share, and lead by example
- Accountable – get it done, own the results
- Superior Service – do the right thing, foster relationships, be helpful
- Innovative – think, challenge the status quo, solve problems creatively
- Optimistic – be positive, have courage, failure happens – learn from it
- Nimble – embrace change, make it happen, control our destiny
Partner with Lejeune Steel and join an organization focused on PASSION, dedicated enthusiasm, and care for our work and industry.
CNC Machine Operator
Reports to: Plant Manager
Produces parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine, maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records, maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Plans tasks by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Plan stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available, anticipating needed stock, placing and expediting orders for stock, verifying receipt of stock.
- Programs equipment by entering instructions, including zero and reference points, setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry and trigonometry, proving part programs.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work-pieces, adhering to standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing cutting, beveling, drilling, taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, adjusting and reprogramming controls, replacing worn consumables, tools, adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting repairs, calling for repairs.
- Maintains continually among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Computers, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, Judgment
Knowledge Requirements: (Requirements ranked by importance):
- 80 Mechanical: Knowledge of computers, machines and tools, including their uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
- 80 Engineering and Technology: Knowledge of equipment, tools, mechanical devices, and their uses to produce motion, light, power, technology, and other applications.
- 80 Production and Processing: Knowledge of inputs, outputs, raw materials, waste, quality control, costs, and techniques for maximizing the manufacture and distribution of goods.
- 50 Mathematics: Knowledge of numbers, their operations, and interrelationships including arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- 40 Design: Knowledge of design techniques, principles, tools and instruments involved in the production and use of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Moves raw material from storage to processing with overhead cranes.
- Positions material in machine according to processing requirements.
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to verify layout and required operations.
- Download CNC files from network to machine.
- Processes material to specifications.
- Performs required quality control checks on finished products.
- Off loads material from machine center with overhead cranes.
- Finishes and packages material for delivery to subsequent operations.
All qualified applicants with LeJeune Steel Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.