W&M Fire Protection, a subsidiary of Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Company, is a full-service fire protection contractor with complete design, installation, and fabrication capability. W&M has proudly served the tri-state and New England areas for over 20 years, and offers a challenging and rewarding work environment.
At Davis-Ulmer we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for a Fire Alarm Sales/Project Manager at our office in Plantsville, CT. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
The Fire Alarm Sales / Project Manager is responsible for selling alarm solutions to customers and for oversight of the design and installation process.
• Evaluate current regional marketplace and competitors, and develop sales strategies, appropriate margins and overall sales goals.
• Build relationships with customers to capture a full range of fire protection services including fire alarm and suppression installations, CCTV and access control, sprinkler installations, as well as repair and inspection of existing systems.
• Maintain relationships with vendors, stay abreast of new products, technical data, and market trends.
• Prepare cost estimates and bid proposals based on evaluation of construction documents such as drawings, specifications and sub-contract agreements.
• Prepares fire protection shop drawings, specifications, equipment submittals and computer hydraulic calculations as needed for compliance with applicable fire protection codes.
• Read, interpret and apply technical design requirements of fire protection codes, manufacturer’s technical data, building codes, insurer criteria, and other applicable documents.
• Perform preliminary survey of existing buildings to determine costs associated with the installation of fire protection systems.
• Coordinate sales to design and project management turnover.
• Maintain contract documents and ensure change orders are processed in a timely fashion.
• Make routine site visits during the installation phase to evaluate overall project performance and safety.
• Submit the required documentation for project closeout.
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field
• Knowledge of CAD design
• Knowledge of card access, CCTV, security
• Comprehensive understanding of contract document review, including thorough understanding of reading blueprints and specification review
• Previous experience in the Project Management field preferred
• Strong communication and customer service skills
• Moderate to advanced computer skills
• Time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to read and analyze building construction documents
• Good mathematical skills with the ability to read, understand and create financial reports
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Valid Driver’s License
• May supervise field personnel working on assigned projects
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Office environment – moderate noise
• Construction job sites – moderate to heavy noise, uneven ground, subject to all types of weather, may be subject to heights
• Ability to maneuver in restricted, poorly lit spaces
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds at a time
LIMITATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory results of a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"