Simon Group Holdings, based in Birmingham, Michigan, is a leading strategic investment partner. Created by Sam Simon in 1985 with the founding of Atlas Oil Company, now a top refined fuel logistics and oil field services provider, SGH continues to grow. Our more than 30 years of successful operational entrepreneurship reflects a uniquely shared business philosophy based on innovation, collaboration and creativity.
SGH has a wide range of interests in comprehensive energy solutions, including fuel supply, oil field services and logistics and transportation. SGH also has expertise in real estate and property investment, real estate funds, private equity, technology services, aerospace and defense. Voter analysis and turnkey modular solutions also make up a large part of our diversified portfolio of excellence. Perhaps most importantly, our leadership team is intimately familiar with the businesses they run due to their extensive operational industry experience This makes them exceptional strategic advisors to investors and entrepreneurs alike.
About the position:
We are currently looking to add a dynamic Accounts Payable Associate to join our team.
The individual must have experience with Bookkeeping, QuickBooks and general office tasks to assist the Controller / Accountant / Office Manager.
To thrive in this role, you'll need to love variety, work independently, work in a team, communicate well and be highly organized and detail oriented. We are looking for a motivated individual who understands general accounting principles and has a good feel for office administration.
Under general supervision, processes a high volume of invoices for payment. Ensures invoices are properly approved and coded. Generates checks and tracks monthly expenses. Handles vendor and team member calls and inquiries. Reconciles month-end vendor statements. Sets up and maintains accounts payable files. Generates and maintains accounts payable data using latest computer technology.
- Following pre-established policies and procedures, processes invoices for payment
- Ensures invoices are authorized and properly coded
- Generates checks and tracks monthly expenses
- Responds to vendor and/or team member questions and inquiries
- Reconciles month-end vendor statements
- Sets up and maintains vendor files
- Generates and maintains accounts payable data using latest computer technology
- Keeps up to date on knowledge in field as it relates to business
- Other related duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years accounts payable experience
- Excellent organizational skills, able to maintain orderly file/work area
- Knowledgeable of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within A/P
- Excellent math skills
- Experience using accounting software, QuickBooks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Good communications skills
- Ability to work well within time constraints
- Available for overtime, if required
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Dropbox and OneDrive: 2 years
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel): 2 years
- QuickBooks: 2 years
- Bookkeeping: 2 years
Salary and Benefits:
- Compensation commensurate with experience and includes a competitive benefits package
- If you are the right person for us, please apply, including a one-page cover letter telling us why you're perfect for the job!
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Previous accounts payable experience preferred
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Simon Group Holdings provide equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, weight and height or military status, in accordance with applicable federal laws.