Since 1946, Davis-Ulmer Fire Protection has been providing full-service fire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, and security systems to its customers, while maintaining our reputation as being one of the best companies in the business in the Northeast region. Davis-Ulmer contributes its success to their loyal employees and customers. The company's overall work force has grown and as we move forward, we foresee continued expansion throughout the Northeast.
At Davis-Ulmer we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
Davis-Ulmer Fire Protection, is tenaciously seeking a proactive sales hunter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Are you someone who enjoys the challenge of seeking out new sales opportunities? Are you a growth-minded individual who wants to be in control of your own destiny? Do you value enduring relationships with others based on honesty and integrity? Are you being held back in your current role and need the freedom to execute your vision? If you answered “yes!” to these questions, please read on!
Davis-Ulmer is currently seeking to add an ambitious Inspection Sales Leader to our team.
If you are….
- A proactive, influential communicator with good listening skills
- Trustworthy and honest
- Organizationally savvy
….then we would love to talk to you!
Inspection Sales Leader
The Inspection Sales Leader position is responsible for meeting a set sales quota while building successful alliances with End Users, Property Managers & Business Associations. This individual will develop customer relationships, provide and negotiate pricing for inspection contracts while working closely in a team environment with their respective Inspections & Service Department to ensure customer satisfaction and inspection growth.
- Support Davis-Ulmer’s goal of 20% annual growth of our service/inspection business
- Establish contact and build relationships with qualified buyers of inspection services by diligently networking, making sales calls, following up on leads, and helping to execute outlined marketing strategies
- Determine customer needs by conducting site surveys and reviewing your findings with the appropriate customer personnel
- Prepare and present effective proposals that offer solutions to customer life safety needs
- Develop and maintain active proposal pipeline to support the established sales business plan
- Develop caring and enduring customer relationships that meet or exceed the expectations of our customers
- Work closely with the Corporate Inspections Sales Leader to align support with priorities
- Lead customer presentations, quarterly “lunch and learns", and other relationship-building activities
- Consistently evaluate if you’re “getting the right work with the right customers”
- Continually develop your understanding of all pricing strategies, worksheets and contract terms
- Contribute to the pricing approach of inspection and service accounts
- Support other teams in their initiatives as they relate to your territory
- Other duties as assigned
Your success will be measured by your achievement of these objectives:
- Meeting or exceeding individual new sales, proposal, and customer connections goals
- Being a relentless pursuer of knowledge about emerging technologies in the life safety industry, including updated policies and regulations in your market
- Your commitment to speaking with customers with aged receivables approaching 120 days
- Actively participating in at least one local trade organization
- Focus on building relationships with both new and existing customers
- Being a regular participant in the Learning and Development opportunities available through Davis-Ulmer and APi Group
- Tracking all customer connections, proposals, and wins in Davis-Ulmer / Beach Lake supported customer relationship management (CRM)
- Sales experience related to the fire protection field and/or building services & maintenance contracts a plus
- Willing to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, AHJ, (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) and the general public
- Strong written and oral communication skills are a must
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Business development / marketing background a plus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Office environment with moderate noise level
- May require opening of heavy file cabinets with bending, stooping or kneeling to file
- May require light lifting of storage boxes, packages to be mailed, etc.
- Will require consistent time spent on the computer and phone throughout the day
LIMITATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory results of a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"