Looking for a place to grow your career? A place where you can support industry recognized professionals who are solving tough environmental problems? Geosyntec is the place for you! We have an opportunity available for a full-time Project Administrator in our Blue Bell or Philadelphia, PA office. This position provides administrative and accounting support to our growing site investigation and remediation and environmental management practice areas, and interacts directly with Geosyntec billing and accounting staff, as well as with clients, vendors, and subcontractors, as needed. The selected candidate must be flexible and able to deal with a variety of requests, adapt to changing workloads and priorities and possess extremely strong organizational skills.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read and interpret contract provisions and set up accurate project information in the accounting database in accordance with contract terms and Company policies, including, but not limited to:
- Contractual elements provided on project initiation forms: contract value, budget level, scope of services, fee types, payment terms and proper authorization.
- Verify and/or edit project rate schedules and demographic data provided by Project Managers.
- Ensure appropriate mark-ups, tax components and invoice masks are in-line with contract provisions.
- Review employee expense reports in a timely manner to facilitate payment and processing. Understand the expense reporting process and perform required unit pricing data entry in addition to any necessary corrections.
- Understand the timesheet flow as it relates to labor, class codes and project billing.
- Within established deadlines, initiate billing cycle by generating and distributing prebill reports, facilitate edits per the Project Manager’s direction and finalize invoice with all required attachments and documentation. Submit invoices to corporate accounting for posting and to client as instructed by Project Manager.
- Track accounts receivable and accounts payable as needed for project processing.
- Assess project revenue by accurately identifying variances and making necessary budget changes; enter percent complete as instructed by Project Manager or designated employee; and complete all tasks in accordance with monthly accounting closing schedule.
- Generate established systems reports, as required.
- Assist with other office administrative functions as needed, such as filing, sorting mail, word processing, assisting with travel arrangements and office meeting set-ups.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Associate’s degree with a major in accounting or finance. (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 1 year of related project administration experience for a professional services firm, preferably in an engineering environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Ability to read and comprehend moderately complex instructions, contracts and subcontract agreements, correspondence and memoranda; and ability to effectively write moderately complex correspondence and memoranda. (required)
- Knowledge of job costing, contract file administration and comprehension of project revenue. (required)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and proficiency in Excel. (required)
- Prior experience with BST. (preferred)
- Accurate data entry, writing and editing skills. (required)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, detail and deadline-oriented environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously. (required)
- Ability to effectively present information to Project Managers, and other internal clients. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest candidates in their respective fields. To be selected for this position, the candidate must possess exceptional interpersonal skills, outstanding oral and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, and the passion for excellence and quality.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding assignments, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical a\expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits