Adolfson & Peterson Construction, one of the nation’s top contractors, is recruiting for an experienced Assistant Project Manager for projects in our Midwest region. We combine more than 70 years of construction expertise with the newest technologies in order to meet our clients' needs. We serve owners, architects, and developers with a commitment to teamwork and quality and are constantly looking for people to help us achieve our company goals.
Because safety is paramount to AP and embedded into everything we do, all team members are responsible for working safely within our Incident and Injury Free culture.
Primary accountabilities of the role include:
- Take personal responsibility for working safely within an Incident and Injury Free (IIF) culture.
- Be a champion to support IIF efforts for working safely and building a culture of care and concern for each team member in the workplace.
- Consistently communicate and reinforce the tenets of an IIF workplace.
- Ensure adherence to processes and procedures that support an IIF culture.
- Comply with all company safety requirements and policies.
- Ensure timely and quality results throughout a project.
- Prepare and monitor the project schedules; provide input for problem resolution and schedule revisions; work with project leadership to update the master construction schedule.
- Initiate and review close-out procedures with the project leadership, owner, and design team before trade contractor work starts; maintain a zero punchlist. Ensure the procedure and schedule for submittal of O&M manuals, close-out documents, and project warranties are in place before the project work is 50% complete.
- Review shop drawings, RFI’s, and ASI’s (all change orders) for coordination and implementation of project requirements; keep project logs (i.e. submittals, RFI, ASI, OCO, etc.) updated and current for every progress meeting.
- Manage and monitor material procurement for the project, including submittal approval, fabrication status, and delivery status.
- Ensure the timely submittal process, review, and execution of project changes by the owner and trade contractors.
- Work with the Superintendent in adhering to the schedule for early project close-out and final acceptance by the owner.
- Be a collaborative team member on project teams.
- Keep the Project Manager informed of cost and budget status of all assigned reports and prices and estimate change orders.
- Participate in the safety program for the project.
- Prepare the pre-final punch list.
- Assist in the payment request process.
- Assist with managing minority participation requirements with trade contractors as required on the project.
- Lead or attend and generate minutes from project meetings including start-up, progress, estimate review, and through close-out.
- Incorporate project management perspectives into the proposal process.
- Review project plans for constructability and cost feasibility; assist with the completion of project risk assessments and scope of work matrices.
- Prepare the scope of work matrix for all trade contractor/supplier contracts, construction schedule, and performance expectations including workforce utilization goals prior to the award of the contract.
- Monitor and respond in a timely manner to all purchase requests, field orders, change orders, and architectural supplemental instructions.
- Participate in the estimating process.
- Complete and document the risk assessment of each project.
- Analyze and manage project progress, costs, budgets, and cash flows.
- Confirm total cost budgets, with contingencies, tie to the project contract amount; ensure project budgets are maintained.
- Prepare and review for accuracy all monthly pay applications to owner and, in accordance with contract, and collect all invoiced project amounts due from the owner while helping manage the project’s cash flow.
- Review and submit all trade contractor/supplier payment applications for approval; collect supplier and trade contractor lien waivers to ensure all payments are properly disbursed.
- Review the project’s QC plan and ensure compliance; report findings to project team and management.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- History of experience and proven results including:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture, or engineering and 2+ years of related project management experience, preferably with a commercial contractor. Or, completion of an associates degree in construction management and 4+ years of related project management experience.
- Ability to work with and have knowledge of the shop drawing submittal process, read and comprehend building plans and specifications, and comprehend and recognize safety standards and issues.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Procore, P6, Bluebeam, and Prolog.
- Exposure to a legal and accounting background, value engineering, and life cycle costing preferred.
- Current or ability to become current with OSHA 30 and company safety requirements.
- Willingness to work in various (sometimes extreme) climate conditions.
- Ability to travel to project work sites up to 70+ miles away.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Strong analytical and logic skills with the ability to maintain a high degree of precision on detailed work.
- Developed skills (written, oral, and listening) in order to effectively communicate with diverse audiences.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple priorities simultaneously under time constraints.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build successful and lasting relationships.
- Temporary travel is a requirement of this position.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
Adolfson & Peterson Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer