Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other. And we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Fire Alarm Inspector
The Fire Alarm Inspector’s duties include testing and inspection of fire alarm systems and preventative maintenance with knowledge of multiple manufacturers’ products. We have a need for a self-motivated, customer service oriented Inspectors with strong written and verbal communication skills. The Inspector will provide accurate and detailed inspections reports with all proper documentation of improvements and complications.
- Perform routine inspections, testing, installing, services and preventative maintenance of life safety product lines
- Handle low voltage wiring and corresponding devices for operation of low voltage equipment
- Daily communications with Account Manager and/or Schedule Coordinator on inspection or project delays, requirements and general status of job
- All reports are to be completed electronically on mobile equipment, provided by the employer
- Work with project manager, schedule coordinator and office administrative staff to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client (confirm that work is completed so it can be billed in full)
- Keep supervisor informed of known actions, written or verbal, which may affect the ability to successfully perform assignments or adversely affect Company operations.
- Provide other support whether apparent, required or needed.
- Responsible for training apprentices on company procedures, system inspection, and installation techniques practiced
- Complete additional projects as developed and assigned by your supervisor or management
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Limited Energy Class A certification
- Strong working knowledge of life safety and NFPA codes preferred
- Working knowledge of alarm panels, devices and critical components
- Able to perform testing and maintenance
- Able to complete documentation as necessary; with or without reasonable accommodation
- Able to use mobile electronics such as a computer tablet to record and transmit inspection documents
- Able to coordinate between inspection deficiencies and service required to correct found deficiencies
- Prepared to read and write English clearly
- Capability to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, Authorities Having Jurisdiction and the general public
- Possess a valid driver’s license; in accordance with Company policy
- Willing to pass post-offer drug screen, reference and background check
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor