Mears Construction, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Construction, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
Seeking experienced Asphalt Restoration Foreman to lead the application of asphalt, on public and private roadways and parking lots. The foreman will manage construction activities to ensure company procedures are followed and includes physically demanding work.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Supervise and monitor daily operations by planning and managing to job specifications
- Maintain all necessary paperwork and documentation
- Oversee safety by modeling behaviors and providing corrective action when appropriate
- Support crew by operating equipment and doing labor as needed
- Pre-survey job location and ensure utility locates have been performed
- Manage and develop effective customer and employee relations
- Ability to analyze and resolve work challenges.
- Secure work site to ensure public safety and safety of equipment and materials
- Coach, train, and evaluate employees’ and guide towards goal achievement
- Maintain equipment in proper operating condition by performing simple preventative maintenance and completing daily and / or weekly equipment inspection checklists, and
- Other duties as required
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Industry-leading benefits; health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, paid time off (PTO) and 401(k)
- Hourly rate ranging from $20.00-$25.00 based on experience. $20.00-$27.00 with CDL-A
What is Required?
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Commercial Driver’s License preferred
- Must be reliable and able to work in a team environment
- Excellent reading skills to understand and comprehend all construction warning signs
- Required to pass a pre-employment drug test and subsequent random drug tests, and
- Great attention and commitment to safety culture and company values
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.