Mears Construction, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Construction, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
Seeking experienced Asphalt Restoration Laborers to assist with the application of asphalt, on public and private roadways and parking lots. Must be able to assist the Foreman and other co-workers as needed. The work requires skill in manipulating equipment and constant attention to safety of operation in order to prevent accidents. Responsible for the equipment used in their day to day operations. This position may also operate a variety of hand and power tools.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Perform job tasks in a safe manner in accordance with company policy
- May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, clean up rubble, debris and other waste materials
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site foreman and fellow employees
- Responsible for the use of safety equipment i.e. dust mask, goggles, hard hats, etc.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects (example: equipment's parts, water cans, etc.)
- Maintain equipment in proper operating condition by performing simple preventative maintenance and completing daily and / or weekly equipment inspection checklists, and
- Other duties as required
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Industry-leading benefits; health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, paid time off (PTO) and 401(k)
- Hourly rate ranging from $20.00-$2.00 based on experience. $20.00-$27.00 with CDL-A
What is Required?
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Commercial Driver’s License preferred
- Must be reliable and able to work in a team environment
- Excellent reading skills to understand and comprehend all construction warning signs
- Retain a valid driver’s license
- Required to pass a pre-employment drug test and subsequent random drug tests, and
- Great attention and commitment to safety culture and company values
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.