APi Group is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking a Financial Analyst on our Financial Planning & Analysis team. In this role, you will work with corporate leadership and operating businesses to execute financial analysis around business performance, forecasting, capital decisions, and other margin-enhancing initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To include, but not limited to the following:
- Own, maintain and improve monthly business performance reporting and analysis (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, key metrics, etc.) for key customers: Leadership, Ownership, Investor Relations, Segment Leaders & Operating Businesses, Accounting/Financial Reporting
- Collaborate with a cross functional team (often corporate accounting, operating businesses, finance data teams, and IT) to create and maintain financial databases and related processes
- Ability to work with multiple data sets in different formats while providing meaningful analysis and drawing valid conclusions
- Prepare reporting and forecasting presentations for key customers
- Improving and developing FP&A processes including planning and managing milestones, templates and/or use of tools to execute planning, flexible and controlled outputs for use in reviews and presentations
- Maintaining and improving process flow and controls around FP&A reporting, including analysis, KPI’s, budgets and forecasts
- Reporting and analysis of corporate costs as well as assisting in forecasting and budgeting for corporate departments
- Support and execute value-add efforts with operating businesses to evaluate business performance (margins, driver-based analysis, SG&A, capital usage, return on investments, etc.)
- Provide FP&A focused support for implementation of new systems and processes including process flows, documentation, and design
Other responsibilities will be added as appropriate. Our objective is to provide a challenging environment to increase the potential for your advancement within the APi companies.
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; three or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, particularly in financial analysis and/or business analytics.
Must have intimate knowledge of the Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and have the ability to perform high-level function in them. Able to learn to use the in-house accounting systems and other software tools quickly.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Requires sitting
- Requires ability to move around an office environment
- Requires telephone conversations
- Requires use of electronic mail
- Requires reading and creating letters, documents and memos
- Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams
- Requires contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise)
- Requires being exact or highly accurate
- Requires meeting strict deadlines
- Requires work with others in a group or team, Includes responsibility for work outcomes and results
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions with moderate office equipment noise levels
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written when working with all levels of management and employees, clients, external vendors and other business associates.
- Ability to clearly communicate directions and information.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, management, vendors and clients
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Shows a strong sense of curiosity and questions-focused approach
- Flexibility and ability to work under changing priorities and peak workloads
- Ability to handle confidential information in a trustworthy manner
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of professional conduct at all times
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.