The Talent Acquisition Specialist II delivers full-cycle recruitment efforts while specializing in sourcing, identifying and hiring highly skilled candidates. Provide assistance in planning, developing and implementing recruitment and staffing strategies for assigned departments with special emphasis on a well qualified and diverse pool of candidates, timeliness and cost effectiveness.
Essential Job Functions:
(Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
- Perform as a consultant and Subject Matter Expert (SME) throughout the full-cycle recruiting process and consistently communicate with your hiring managers, candidates, and appropriate stakeholders.
- Collaboratively consult with hiring managers to recommend strategies for identifying and recruiting potential candidates
- Identify key performance factors, develop sourcing pools and establish interviewing criteria
- Proactively create applicant pools and talent pipelines by posting job ads through job boards, social media, state employment agencies, professional associations and employee referral programs
- Evaluate applications, review resumes, conduct reference checks and complete initial phone interviews to establish a narrow candidate pool
- Make recommendations to hiring managers on the top candidates for in-person interviews.
- Track individual recruiting Key Performing Indicators (KPI’s) to continually evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of recruiting process and maintain all appropriate data in ATS and other dashboards as required.
- Network proactively with industry experts and industry related associations to build ongoing passive candidate pipelines.
- Work effectively with HR team while effectively contributing ideas, creativity, and innovation to the recruiting process.
- Execute diversity recruiting strategies to attract a diverse workforce to HRT by sourcing talent of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles.
- Develop workforce strategies which include internal and external research and data analysis to identify drivers around recruitment and retention strategies
- Prepares interview questions, job postings and recruitment advertisements
- Screens all application materials.
- Prepares, extends and negotiates employment offers
- Coordinates, plans, schedules and monitors pre-employment activities such as background investigations, physical exams, drug screen and reference checks
- Compiles, analyzes and summarizes statistical information from various department databases. Provides data analysis, reporting, and technical support by retrieving, compiling, analyzing, and summarizing statistical data from ATS
- Provide a high level of customer service in consulting with and guiding hiring managers in comprehensive recruitment and staffing issues, policies, and process.
- Assist in recruitment effort for exempt and nonexempt personnel, including managerial levels and above with a primary focus on bus operators; also coordinate the use of interns and temporary employees.
- Execute recruitment plan by aggressively recruiting well-qualified candidates from a variety of sources, managing selection process to include interviewing, assessing candidates, screening, administering test and recommending finalists, and filling the staffing needs within the defined service and performance criteria.
- Develops and maintains effective talent pipelines for various positions
- Leads and motivates performance the other staff members.
- Develops and implements strategies to improve the Careers branding
- Manage full cycle recruiting process to meet the various staffing goals across all levels within multiple business units. Create and implement Employment Marketing Strategies to attract passive job seekers.
- Track and report key metrics designed to measure and predict staffing activity
- Regular follow up with the respective hiring managers and candidates to ensure timeliness of recruitment process.
- Designs the social media communication strategy for different job profiles and functions in the organization
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals. Assist in organizational training and development efforts.
- Lead the planning and organizing HRT career fairs and hiring events
- Develop reports to meet management requests and needs for Human Resources Department.
- Maintain Human Resources Department files.
- Build applicant resources by researching and contacting community colleges, etc. and providing organization information, opportunities and benefits; making presentations and maintaining a rapport.
- Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing, analyzing responses and comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Ensures compliance with Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines by supporting non-discriminatory hiring procedures, soliciting applications from diverse candidates, defining qualified and non-qualified applicants, obtaining EEO documents from candidates and overseeing the filing of Data Record forms which contain the information.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current legislation and assists to enforce regulations with manages, recommending new procedures.
- Organize and/or conduct training sessions.
- Ensure completion of training feedback forms for use in measuring effectiveness of training programs.
- Prepares and presents offer to successful candidates. Ensures the flow of appropriate paper work as necessary.
- Assists with developing strategies to recruit, hire and retain a superior workforce.
- Develops recruiting material and brochures.
- Conducts research and assists to develop strategies for best practices and process improvements.
- Facilitates the interview process, including execution of all new hire paper work, and data input of new hires into HRMS systems.
- Conducts outreach or field recruitment duties including participation in on-site interviews and group presentations.
- Writes and develops recruitment literature and material including pamphlets, brochures, advertisements, displays and other forms of mass communications.
- Coordinates testing activities and interview process; prepares and reviews written assessment as needed; develops interview questions.
- Coordinates distribution of all in-coming communication, including phone, fax, email, network printer, etc.
- Sends applications to departments in a timely manner and ensures that all applications and selections materials are returned and accounted for when position is filled.
- Provide managers with information on recruitment, and position management procedures, policies, and guidelines; may conduct job analyses.
- Responds by e-mail, phone and in person to questions from candidates and departments regarding recruitment status, and personnel procedures; assists applicants with the application process, including on-line submission.
- Arranges for oral interviews, and skills, intelligence, or other assessment of applicants; assists in the administration of the assessments.
- Conducts criminal history, sex offender, and driving record checks and maintains confidentiality of all related materials and information.
- Reviews new hire documentation; checks for nepotism and refers potential conflicts to management.
- Schedules and tracks new hires for post-offer physicals and drug test; answers routine questions from new hires regarding policies, benefits, work schedules and working conditions, and other related information.
- Serves on interview panel.
- Manage records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT’s EMS.
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT’s Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan.
- Responsible for ensuring employees in their respective functional areas have adequate training and tools necessary to meet the requirements of the EMS procedures and SOPs.
- Responsible for observing and evaluating required EMS competencies among employees in their respective functional areas.
- Prepare and/or coordinate with other departments any documentation required in support of the FTA triennial reviews, drug and alcohol audits, independent audits, state audits, EEO Program audit, etc.
- Establishes and maintains professional relationships with high schools, technical schools, universities and community organizations to help identify and build talent pipelines to source qualified candidates
- Responsible for engagement through scheduled events at college/university career fairs, professional career fairs and related industry meetings
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one’s self, fellow employees, and the public from injury or harm.
- Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures and policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions:
This position requires an extremely perceptive person, who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the individual must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee customer service, and the public image; must have considerable skill in interviewing techniques, a good knowledge of recruiting methods and techniques with a strong understanding and appreciation of a diverse work environment. Ability to maintain confidentiality, only stating information on a “need-to-know” basis and safeguarding sensitive material. Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public. Ability to efficiently manage time and workload, which includes: planning, prioritizing, organizing, and following-through on a variety of tasks, assignments, projects, and reports.
Required Software Knowledge and Skills essential to Job Functions:
Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed software applications associated with performance of assigned work is essential. Basic problem solving skills associated with software applications used is expected. Software usage relevant to job duties will be evaluated.
Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and PeopleSoft HCM
Training and/or Education:
Minimum requirements include a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, Business Administration or a related field.
Minimum of three years of recruiting/staffing experience. Three years or more of human resource experience. Strong sourcing experience through methods such as web sourcing, Boolean searches, candidate referrals, social media, etc. HR and/or recruiting certifications (SPHR/PHR, SHRM-S/CP, AIRS, LinkedIn Recruiter) preferred
Licenses or Certificates:
Virginia Driver’s License
CONFIDENTIALITY. This position is classified as non-essential personnel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis; and working multiple locations on both Northside and Southside. Duties may require work outside normal business hours.