Company Name: Fischer Paper Products
Job Title: Cost Analyst
Location: Antioch, IL
Due to continued growth, Fischer Paper Products is currently seeking a full-time Cost Analyst to join our team.
Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, you will collaborate across various business functions including production, inventory, procurement, etc. This role is investigative in nature, as you will seek to understand variances, root causes, and develop action plans to address them.
We are seeking individuals who share our value of fostering a culture of synergy and cross-functional teamwork. The ability to communicate financial data to non-financial team members will help ensure success in this role.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about data, brings an exploratory approach, and desires a role where their success will bring visible impacts to the business!
What We Offer
- A friendly, business casual work environment
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance + company sponsored Medical Reimbursement Program
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Additional life and well-being offerings
Fischer Paper Products is a family-owned company with more than three generations of experience in manufacturing and supplying high-quality, food-safe paper products. We continually invest in technology, people, and process improvements to deliver sustainable and customized food packaging solutions to our diverse customer base.
- Assisting in creating, analyzing, and maintaining:
- Labor and overhead burden rates
- ERP Cost center and Work center rates
- Product BOMs and standard costs
- Pricing related to identified costs
- Demand planning and Scheduling
- Assisting in analyzing, reporting on, and improving:
- Departmental costs / budgets
- Job variances
- Direct labor
- Enhancing and providing daily/weekly/monthly managerial accounting reports and metrics
- Working with department managers to understand and improve performance in their areas
- Sales channel cost analysis (freight, commissions, rebates)
- Capital investment process & analysis
- Strive to support the Fischer Brand Essence by performing in a highly responsive, collaborative, mindful, and personal manner
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting required
- 5+ years of experience as a cost analyst or business analyst within the manufacturing industry
- Recent work experience with standard cost systems, cost analysis, and reporting enhancements
- Recent work experience collaborating with and supporting manufacturing teams to better understand their areas and achieve superior cost performance
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Fluency with Microsoft Office including strong Excel skills
- Experience with small / mid-size ERP systems and reporting tools
We Make it Easy
• Applying takes less than 2 minutes. No passwords or accounts to register or sign-in for.
• You are hired directly by the company – MRA does not make hiring decisions.
Founded in 1901, MRA is a nonprofit employer association that serves more than 4,000 employers, covering more than one million employees.
As one of the largest employer associations in the nation, MRA helps its member organizations thrive by offering the most comprehensive assortment of HR services, information, education, and resources to help build successful workplaces and a powerful workforce.
We partner with these companies working directly with their HR department and leadership to hire their talent. We are a direct line to the company, not an agency recruiter.