About Us. We are an employee-owned general contracting firm with offices in Redmond, Washington, Fairbanks and Anchorage, Alaska. Osborne performs a wide variety of construction projects in the western United States and Alaska. Our personnel are highly-motivated professionals who have the experience, knowledge, and dedication to complete projects on time and within budget.
We are proud to offer you:
- Health / Dental / Vision
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Mail Order Prescription Drug Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Plan
- Holidays, Vacation & Sick Leave
Contractor Quality Control Manager (CQC Manager)
Supervisor: Project Manager
Compensation: FLSA Status Exempt
Location: Alaska (Anchorage, Fairbanks, and remote locations)
The CQC Manager is responsible for maintaining an effective quality control system consisting of the plans, procedures, and organization necessary to produce an end product which complies with the contract requirements.
- The CQC Manager must be on site at all times that work is being performed.
- Attend the pre-construction conference, pre-work meetings including preparatory meetings, and periodic in-progress meetings.
- Track construction deficiencies from identification through acceptable corrective action.
- Report progress in the Daily CQC Report.
- Supervise all Special Inspectors required by the contract documents and the International Building Code (IBC).
- Authority to stop work which is not in compliance with the contract.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local regulations, statutes, ordinances, rules, and laws.
- Perform other related activities as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of related experience
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Experienced in providing written daily reports on construction activities.
- Familiar with current building codes and inspection requirements.
- Knowledge of and commitment to safety.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite programs
- Ability to obtain a base pass for working onsite
- Current driver’s license
- Prior quality control experience on military construction projects or equivalent private projects desirable.
- USACE Certification in and experience with the USACE Three-Phase system of Quality Control including interface with the USACE RMS program preferred.
- Ideal candidate should be self-motivated and have a passion for construction.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to smell; climb or balance; use a ladder and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Osborne is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or any employee because of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected category.
Osborne maintains a drug and alcohol-free work place. Drug tests are performed by Osborne for the following: pre-employment, post-accident, randomly, and for cause.
This Organization Participates in E-Verify.