Title: Wirtgen Field Service Technician
Job Location: Meridian, ID (Out of state candidates will get relocation assistance)
Product: Wirtgen and Related Road Construction and Aggregate Products : Asphalt Paving Equipment, Concrete Paving Equipment, Soil and Asphalt Compaction Equipment, Crushing Equipment
The Technical Specialist is responsible for creating and maintaining a healthy relationship between Wirtgen equipment customers and Coastline Equipment staff. Employee will possess strong technical aptitude in Wirtgen equipment and be willing to travel to multiple locations to share their expertise. Employee will work independently or with other Coastline Equipment technicians to maintain maximum customer uptime and productivity. The Technical specialist will be performing all levels of diagnostics, setup, and repair of Wirtgen Group equipment (Wirtgen, Kleemann, Vogele and Hamm). This position will also include performing expert machine setup while training the customer and Coastline Equipment staff safe, efficient machine operation.
Reports To: Branch Manager
- Performs basic diagnostics, determine what repairs are needed and advise customers of replacement parts as necessary.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance.
- Prepare all reports and forms required in conjunction with work orders, taking note of the cause of failure/problems.
- Complete warranty information with complete and thorough documentation.
- Maintain current knowledge of Wirtgen and complementary products.
- Maintain condition, inventory, tools, and equipment.
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
- Understands and utilizes technical service information programs and procedures.
Maintain service truck parts inventory when in field. Maintain personal tool inventory.
- Provide product operation training to customers.
- Attend training as required to stay current with new equipment and to further enhance abilities in existing equipment.
- Maintain department communication to understand and communicate product issues.
- Utilize network of peer contacts to organize and communicate machine issues.
- Utilize various computer programs of Wirtgen and complementary product tools as resources.
- Record service hours and mileage.
- Maintain accurate timecard entries.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe parts area and appearance.
- Identify and communicate customer inefficiencies and offer solutions.
- Operate Company vehicle to provide service work in the field.
- Strong knowledge of Wirtgen Road Building and crushing equipment.
- Good skills in operating vehicles and equipment.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet and office machines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Able to process work with accuracy.
- Meet commitments and deadlines.
- Able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrates openness to new structure, procedures, technology.
- Skilled at using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Identifies what needs to be done and acts without being asked.
- Assist with other duties assigned and directed by corporate management within the framework of Coastline Equipment’s objectives Knowledge/Skills/Abilities.
'To be considered for this position, please attach your updated resume with the application.'
Physical Requirements and Work Schedule:
- Able to do occasional lifting of up to 75 lbs.
- Employee must be able to stand for an extensive amount of time.
- Able to sit for extensive amount of time in a vehicle when traveling.
- Able to move or hold arms and hands in small areas, utilizing tools, for an extensive amount of time.
- Able to use tools that vibrate for an extensive amount of time.
- Able to climb up and down equipment.
- Able to travel as needed.
- Able to work flexible schedule, including overnight stays and some weekends
- High school diploma or GED required.
- One year certificate from a college or technical school or at least three years related experience and/or training in a subordinate position.
- Candidates with strong Wirtgen technical skills preferred but are not required for application.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test.
- Due to safety regulations, must be 25 to apply.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Relationships and Roles:
- Promotes and always embraces company Core Values.
- Sets an example in areas of personal character, commitment, organization and operational skills, work habits and company’s Safety Program.
- Must promote professional appearance, demonstrate the ability to interact and cooperate with all customers, company employees and company managers in a professional manner.
Benefits (As per company policy- benefits will be available after 90 days of employment):
- Health, dental, vision
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Relocation package considered
Coastline Equipment provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or marital status. Coastline Equipment complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.