With more than 35 years of owning, managing and developing commercial real estate, R&R is proud to be the premier source for commercial real estate in Des Moines, Iowa. We currently own and manage more than 9 million-square-feet of office, retail, multifamily and warehouse facilities while also owning land for future development.
ICON Construction is composed of a team of experienced professionals with diverse backgrounds that are sure to meet the standards of our varied clients and partners. ICON Construction concentrates in the Pre-Construction, Construction Management, Design Build and Construction of a multitude of projects throughout the Midwest including but not limited to class A offices, luxury multi-family apartments, warehouse/distribution, retail, educational and municipal projects. We are committed to providing value to our customers through a collaborative team approach to balancing cost, quality and schedule resulting in a solid return on investment.
We are proud to offer our team:
- Personal Time Off (PTO)
- 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Paid long-term disability, AD&D and dependent life insurance
- Wellness facilities
- Employee assistance program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Rent discount
- Discount at R&R partnered daycares
- Employee Engagement Committee - The Employee Engagement Committee meets on a regular basis to determine which events and non-profit organizations the organization supports annually. Volunteer members organize golf outings, luncheons, tournaments, fund raisers and more! Employees are encouraged to volunteer to be a committee member or enjoy the camaraderie the events encourage through participation.
- Wellness Committee - The Wellness Committee is responsible for supporting wellness in the workplace. The committee members organize lunch and learns about wellness topics, schedule flu shots and health assessments. The committee puts together wellness challenges and encourages participation in walks, relays and marathons in Central Iowa. Committee members regularly schedule and host events. All employees are encouraged to attend
Prepares cost estimates for construction projects to aid management in bidding on or determining price of project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Studies project plans and specifications and estimates cost and prepares bids for projects.
- Establishes the estimated cost and completion rate and progress.
- Prepares cost analysis by recapitulating material costs, labor costs, and overhead cost incurred for the project.
- Responsible for maintaining cost history database
- Conducts meetings in accordance with ICON procedures for providing communication to management, customers, regulatory agencies, subcontractors and suppliers, and the general public.
- Resolves problems in workable and cost effective ways to prevent delays.
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Provides value engineering ideas and expertise to management.
- Prepares and maintains all required paperwork as determined by the company’s policies and procedures and the project’s needs.
- Read and understand blueprints and discuss them with management, customers, and regulatory agencies as required.
- Conducts construction activities within federal, state, and local environmental rules and regulations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with trade partners.
- Provide professionalism to the preconstruction processes through estimating, bidding, and reporting.
- College degree in construction engineering, construction management, or architecture; and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Three to five years estimating experience.
- Organizational Skills: Strong business acumen, cost conscious, provides organizational support, strategic thinker, supports diversity and is ethical.
- Leadership Skills: Change management, delegations, leadership, manages people, quality management, visionary leadership.
- Interpersonal Skills: Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers, communicates oral and written messages clearly, creates/supports an atmosphere that fosters teamwork. Must get along well with others.
- Intellectual Skills: Analytical, demonstrates good problem solving skills, manages projects with skill and ability, uses necessary technical skills to complete job.
- Safety and Security Skills: Observes safety and security procedures, determines appropriate action beyond guidelines, reports potentially unsafe conditions, uses equipment and materials properly.