Mears Group, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
The Proposal Coordinator is a Pre-Construction support role. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that all proposal/bid requests are properly managed beginning with a Bid/No Bid process through submittal. This individual will work closely with the Director of Pre-Construction, the estimators, Controls, Legal and Operations to facilitate proper documentation, reviews and deliverables for each request.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Review incoming RFPs, Bid Requests, etc. for proposal deliverables and key dates.
- Coordinate the proposal effort beginning with the Bid/No Bid meeting through the final submittal.
- Provide pertinent information from the RFP to the Legal Team for review and the review due date.
- When required, managed the process to gather the required information and submit bid bond requests.
- Control the written proposal effort by first reviewing and understanding the response content and format required by the customer. Then, setting up the response outline in word in the proper format.
- Provide all general company information required for the response and request technical inputs as needed for the response. Manage the schedule for all inputs, incorporate them into the document and produce the completed proposal document.
- Schedule proposal reviews and incorporate comments and changes for the final proposal document.
- Regularly update bid opportunity status to be used for management reports.
- Update schedules with key RFP dates, bid reviews etc. and distribute to proper team members.
- Obtain certificates of insurance when needed by the owner
- Review all NDA/CA documents for compliance with Quanta standards, getting approval before CEO signature
- All other duties as assigned
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including a Retirement Plan
What is Required?
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- The ability to affectively work on a team and schedule and direct the efforts to produce quality RFP responses.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Able to produce quality, professional Proposals using Microsoft Word.
- Must be comfortable scheduling and tracking the efforts for multiple proposal efforts simultaneously.
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.