As the President of First Rate Excavate, I wish to welcome you to view our current employment opportunities. I offer you a better understanding of our services. First Rate Excavate is committed to providing excellent service in all the service areas we provide, along with the quality of worked performed. If this sounds like a team you would like to be a part of, I encourage you to apply now to be a part of our Employee Owned Company.
The loader/dozer operator operates a variety of contractor equipment, maintenance and repair activities and performs a variety of semiskilled tasks in the grading field.
- Operate bull dozer safely and efficiently;
- Cut ditches, slopes, grades, clear brush, shape and dress slopes and other earthmoving activities;
- Maintain grade by either communicating with engineers, checking grades using machine mounted lasers, or by use of machine mounted GPS
- Ability to setup, read, understand and take down rotating laser equipment
- Must be able to read grade stakes, perform arithmetic, or other basic functions used to determine grade
- Must be able to endure a high production environment for extended periods of time
- Operates loader of various sizes and weights in the loading, and unloading of various materials and supplies.
- Operates trucks and construction or power equipment, backhoe, dozer, road grader, front-end loader, hydraulic excavators, skid steers.
- Operates other small equipment and tools to maintain systems.
- Works with and assists crews in digging, hoisting material, tools, equipment, and any related work with a road grader or front-end loader.
- Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or repairs to the supervisor; cleans equipment.
- Plows snow and salts roads according to departmental policy.
- Performs all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
- Thoroughness with paperwork.
- Customer/Client Focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and listen. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Local travel to various worksites is required. Some out of town work.
Required Education and Experience
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
- Experience involving the use of medium and heavy equipment.
- GPS Grading experience a plus
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Valid Drivers License
- Hiring will be contingent on passing a drug screen and a Motor Vehicle Report Record Check
- May require out of town work
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Dependent upon achievement of certain employment status and eligibility requirements the company offers the following benefits:
- 401K-With employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance
- Paid Accommodations for Overnight Travel
- Subsistence Pay for Overnight Travel
- Employee Assistance program
- Employee Owned-ESOP