APi National Service Group (NSG) is a part of the APi Group family of companies -- and one of the country’s preferred national service providers for fire and life safety systems. With locations across the U.S., NSG’s purpose is to provide a single point of contact for customers with a regional or national portfolio of properties. We strive to build long term relationships with our clients by assembling a team dedicated to providing world class customer service based on quality, timeliness, responsiveness, safety, and integrity. We identify with and live out our parent company’s enduring purpose of Building Great Leaders.™ At NSG, regardless of role or position, everyone is a leader.
APi NSG Core Values
- Developing creative solutions to increase the value we provide our stakeholders.
- Enriching the lives of our employees through development.
- Building personal relationships to foster collaboration and teamwork.
- Fun, adaptable and energetic culture.
The Government Compliance Manager is responsible for maintaining regulatory and financial compliance regarding NSG’s public contracts. This includes all pre-award and contract management and administrative activities. The Government Compliance Manager is the primary point of communication and person responsible regarding compliance as it relates to public contracts and will communicate with different members of the organization to ensure that contract goals and requirements are being fulfilled. This position serves as NSG’s subject matter expert for all government contract related activities.
Contract Management and Compliance
The most significant aspect of this role is to manage government contracts. The individual in this role will be empowered and accountable to ensure that the design and effectiveness of NSG’s government contract compliance program keeps pace with the company’s rapid growth.
Specific tasks include:
- Manage and administratively maintain all NSG government contracts, which include Federal, State, Municipal and Cooperative contracts.
- Maintain all contract-related documentation.
- Maintain all Federal Contract Databases such as the System for Award Management.
- Manage the development and delivery of enterprise-wide government contracts compliance training
- Analyze new contracts for consistency with proposals; determine the effects of any inconsistencies; negotiate, coordinate, and approve contract changes.
- Collaborate with NSG project management staff to implement new compliance related processes
- Establish and maintain contracting officer relationships by serving as the single point of contact for all contractual matters.
- Perform periodic internal compliance reviews
- Maintain expertise on government regulations and commercial trends.
- Coordinate with NSG’s Compliance and Legal Departments to ensure Government awarded contracts comply with all federal regulations.
- Serve as the contract specialist / contract administrator for various contracts.
- Supervise additional government compliance focused roles at NSG
- Perform other duties as assigned, including required training.
Government Sales Support
As the subject matter expert for government contracts, this role will work closely with the sales team and others to assess opportunities for additional business. The role provides expert advice for the pursuit team in developing and substantiating a winning value proposition that meets the needs of the customer, including analyzing critical business drivers and risks.
Specific tasks include:
- Coordinate responses to government requests for proposals, quotes, and solicitations.
- Assist in opportunity qualification and risk assessment.
- Review solicitations and terms and conditions.
- Participate in bid/no bid decisions and proposal review meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Advanced degree and/or specialized government contracts training preferred, such as JD or NCMA Certified Federal Contract Manager (CFCM)
- 5 years+ of experience managing local, state and federal government contracts required
- 5 years+ of federal proposal / contract experience; 2+ years of FSS/GSA Schedule Management preferred
- Experience with negotiating contract terms and conditions
- Strong analytical and internal audit skills
- Strong process development and continuous improvement skills
- Demonstrated experience of working in a collaborative environment
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with internal leadership and government contracting officials and/or representatives
- Comfort with working under pressure in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- Candidates must be self-motivated, have a positive attitude, and a desire to learn and develop their career with NSG
- Must be willing to work long hours or travel as needed
- Position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Office environment (Open to remote work, if needed)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY STATEMENT
It is the policy of APi National Service Group not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status. APi National Service Group will take affirmative action to ensure that the EEO Policy is implemented, with particular regard to: advertising, application procedures, compensation, demotion, employment, fringe benefits, job assignment, job classification, layoff, leave, promotion, recruitment, rehire, social activities, training, termination, transfer, upgrade, and working conditions.
APi National Service Group will continue to make it understood by the employment entities with which it deals, and in employment opportunity announcements that the foregoing is company policy and all employment decisions are based on individual merit only. All current employees of APi National Service Group are requested to encourage qualified disabled persons, minorities, special disabled veterans, and Vietnam Era veterans to apply for employment, on the job training or for union accommodations for qualified disabled individuals.
It is the policy of APi National Service Group that all company activities, facilities, and job sites are nonsegregated. It is the policy of APi National Service Group to ensure and maintain a working environment free of coercion, harassment, and intimidation at all job sites, and in all facilities at which employees are assigned to work. Any violation of the policy should be immediately reported to your supervisor.
E-VERIFY PARTICIPATING EMPLOYER
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.