Mears Construction, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Construction, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality and our people.
The Yard Laborer will perform a supportive role with use of equipment and manual labor in the yard and warehousing areas. This role includes tasks such as: packaging, loading and unloading material and equipment, participating in organizational projects, inventory quality advancement, general continuous improvement, and other supportive tasks. The Yard Laborer will need to understand the importance of and participate in effective communication and documentation process to ensure a high level of support for field operations. The Yard Laborer will be required to take ownership to ensure the cleanliness, organization, and safety of the yard and warehouse areas. Communicates well and follows instructions and all safety guidelines and understands that Safety is a Core Value.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Understands and performs all support activities as delegated by Warehouse Manager
- Performs daily checks on equipment
- Participates in and verifies incoming and outgoing shipments, including proper placement of materials
- Supports organizational improvement activities
- Provides information to appropriate personnel to facilitate high level of Operational documentation
- Promptly and safely loads and unloads materials as requested
- Assists with HDD Trailer Plan work where possible
- Acquires and retains knowledge of all inventory throughout the Rosebush yard and buildings
- Seeks efficient and improved ways to store, handle, organize and retrieve all assets housed in the Rosebush facility
- Participates in established processes for storage, handling, stock rotation, and tracking of all inventory
- Communicates effectively with all members of Rosebush staff
- Operates forklift and loader, with training
- Fills requisitions or requests for materials, tools, or other items
- Ensures a clean and presentable yard and facility environment at all times
- Performs all other duties and task as assigned by management
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Weekly Payroll
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
What is Required?
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience with inventory control, warehouse setting and computerized documentation is preferred
- Ability to operate or complete training to operate equipment safely
- Ability to interface positively with a diverse team locally and in the field and follow a high quality
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.