Our Opportunity – Invasive Plant Management Technician
Spectrum is seeking Invasive Plant Management Technicians for our 2021 summer season projects.
The role of the Invasive Plant Management Technician includes:
· Inventory and control of invasive plants throughout northern BC and Alberta,
· Select and implement appropriate management and control practices,
· Promote awareness of invasive species to the public on a day-to-day basis,
· Collect and interpret invasive species population data and monitor control efficacy,
· Work is outdoors. Work localities include highway and resource road right-of-ways, oil and gas infrastructure, municipalities and rangeland, among others. Basically wherever plants grow!
· Shift work ranging in length, and,
· Operation of ATVs and pick-up trucks on a daily basis on various road conditions.
Work Location :
- Prince George
- Prince Rupert
- Williams Lake
- 100 Mile
- Clinton/Cache Creek
- Vancouver Island
Starts from May to September of 2021.
What You Bring:
· Safety focused,
· Demonstrate ability to both work independently and as part of a team,
· Previous experience operating ATV’s and pick-up trucks safely on various road conditions will be considered an asset,
· Previous experience completing vegetation surveys and invasive plant identification skills are an asset,
· Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasked environment,
· Background in Natural Resource Management or education in a related field is an asset,
· One year of post-secondary education in environmental sciences or a related field is an asset,
· Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and clean Driver’s Abstract,
· BC Industrial Vegetation Herbicide Applicator’s Certificate (will assist in obtaining certificate),
· Valid Level 1 First Aid Ticket and Transportation Endorsement (will assist in obtaining certificates), and,
· Ability to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
Spectrum offers a competitive salary, a co-operative work environment and the drive to nurture and grow our business.
Visit our website www.srgi.ca to apply today!
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $190.00-$250.00 per day