General Summary Description
The Purchasing Assistant will assist the purchasing department with duties including reviewing subcontractor quotes, data entry into systems and estimating construction costs for a residential single-family home-building company.
Duties and Responsibilities
These are intended only as illustration of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Update pricing and option descriptions and standards in various systems
- Update and maintain sales pricing on all spec homes in various systems
- Create and maintain selection attributes in Sales Simplicity
- Assist in purchasing activities and budgeting in BuilderMT
- Development of system skills and knowledge including but not limited to; Sales Simplicity, DocuSign, BuilderMT
- Review quotes from subcontractors
- Estimate construction costs
- Support the Purchasing Manager with a variety of different tasks
Minimum Requirements, Abilities and Expectations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related field or 1-2 years of experience
- Frequently communicate with persons inside and outside the company, through spoken or written word, able to exchange accurate information in these communications
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Continually assess, recognize, input and interpret characters on a computer screen or on physical documents
- Willingness and ability to learn new techniques and technology/software
- Ability to follow plans and instructions to provide product per specifications
- Ability to manage workload and priorities in a high paced and ever-changing environment
- Sales Simplicity experience-preferred and Builder MT Purchase Order and accounting software a plus
Integrity & Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
TQM/Re-Engineering: Is dedicated to providing the highest quality products and services which meet the needs and requirements of internal and external customers; is committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data; is willing to re-engineer processes from scratch; is open to suggestions and experimentation; creates a learning environment leading to the most efficient and effective work processes.
Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
Intellectual Horsepower: Is bright and intelligent; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably; described as intellectually sharp, capable, and agile.
Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
Written Communication: Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/female/disability/veteran