Franz Witte (rhymes with “Bronze Kitty”) is on a mission to beautify, enhance, and preserve Idaho’s outdoor living spaces — and you can be a part of that cause.
Established in 1971, the company bears the name of its founder, Franz Witte, Jr. His legacy of designing and building high end residential landscapes earned the reputation of quality, reliability, and exceptional artistry. 50 years later, we remain one of the top names in the Treasure Valley for landscaping, landscape maintenance, and retail garden supply. With nearly 150 employees and two locations, we’ve preserved Franz’ legacy while staying ahead of our clients’ needs in an ever changing world.
Franz Witte is unique in that we service the entire landscaping vertical market (garden retail, design & construction, and maintenance). Each department addresses our customers’ different sets of needs:
Shoppers come here to be inspired. Our inventory is hand-selected from regional growers and home & garden suppliers, and our staff is knowledgeable in Idaho horticulture. When customers seek guidance, we offer a listening ear and personalized recommendations. It’s our employees who help them feel empowered to take on their project, and confident that they will succeed.
Homeowners and general contractors depend on subcontractors to do quality work, on time and on budget. Our entire team, from sales and design, to production, foremen, and laborers are all solution oriented. We prioritize both the client’s vision, and the long-term success of the project. And so our reputation is well earned; and it starts with our people. Come join the team that takes the most pride in building Idaho’s finest communities.
Every HOA resident who takes a walk or drive through their neighborhood should experience the joy of nature. Every tenant or guest of a commercial campus deserves clean grounds, healthy looking plants, and an inviting space to work or commute. Behind the scenes to make it happen are the HOA reps and property managers who rely on a relationship with contractors like us. Franz Witte listens to our clients and stays ahead of their concerns — making their lives easier. Our employees maintain those relationships, as well as the properties, that bring joy to so many people in the Treasure Valley.
If you’re purpose-driven, a team player, and want to make a difference, apply to become part of the flamingo team!
What You’ll Do:
- Perform repairs, maintenance, and preventive maintenance of equipment
- Report all repairs and maintenance on equipment for evaluation of costs and efficiencies
- Complete repairs and maintenance in a way the ensures that the equipment required by a project will be available at the appropriate time to maximize efficiency and productivity
- Maintain a safe, clean, and orderly working area
- Assist monitoring company 2-cycle fuel and oil inventories, fueling of all equipment
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as assigned
Skills We’re Seeking:
- Basic machine repair
- Interpersonal: maintain employee and vendor relationships
- Assisting with tool check-in and check-out
- Sharpening blades and washing equipment
- Clean driving record
- Knowledge of 2- and 4-cycle equipment
All employees are subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.
This position is a Variable Employee Position.