Our staff includes many of the region’s most talented and experienced construction professionals. Saunders Heath provides excellent benefits, highly competitive compensation and an opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects in the northern Colorado community.
As much as we believe in our history, reputation and continued success, we believe in our employees. They add value and help elevate the company to a higher level. Their skills and ideas only make this company better. Now take the next step to join Saunders Heath, and see where it takes you.
Saunders Heath aspires to be an organization made up of people who are passionate about growing and developing both as individuals and as an organization. We are not about acquiring and keeping employees who perform jobs, but rather about fostering exciting, fulfilling and rewarding lifetime careers.
||$95K - $115K
||Director of Preconstruction
Purpose of the Role
Prepare complete estimates for assigned project(s) of $5.0m+ size and complexity either directly or through subordinate personnel.
Functions / Duties
- Follow all company procedures.
- Competently perform all duties and responsibilities of a Senior Estimator.
- Coordinate, supervise and review work of assigned department personnel to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Provide technical support and/or prepare estimates as required.
- Assist in making the “sale” of projects including RFP and RFQ response processes.
- Lead preconstruction/design project efforts with owner and/or design team to help ensure project success.
- May assist the Director of Preconstruction in coordination of overall corporate estimating functions, including staff training.
- May assist in the preparation of studies, materials and methods, recommendations, and relative cost estimates as required.
- Assign work to other department team members, direct and review their assignments and be responsible for accuracy and completeness of estimates prepared by subordinates.
- Act as a Senior Estimator on complex packages or as workload demands.
- Participate in pre-bid meetings, bid strategy and presentation meetings as requested.
- Perform additional duties per supervisor’s direction.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities / Qualifications / Experience
Educational and experience requirements include:
- 4 year engineering degree or equivalent combinations technical training and/or related experience. Advanced management or technical degree/training preferred.
- Must possess 7-10 years of extensive construction estimating experience.
- Thorough knowledge of company procedures, estimating techniques, all engineering disciplines, cost control systems and accounts required.
- Ability to estimate all types of projects/contracts, plus ability to coordinate and supervise group work effort essential.
- Good communicative, interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Coordination of estimating and other project management functions.
- Profit/loss responsibilities.
The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position:
- Spends approximately 70% of the time sitting, and 30% of the time either standing or walking while on the job.
- Occasionally* lifts up to 15 lbs, when moving project binders, office supplies or files, and may stoop, kneel, crouch, and balance while performing these same functions.
- Occasionally required to climb, crawl, stoop and negotiate ladders, stairs or other routes at and within project sites in order to fulfill duties.
- Constantly uses verbal and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as E-Mail, telephone and radio.
- Constantly employs eye, hand and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery such as computer keyboard.
- Constantly utilizes full scope of visual capacity to travel to project sites and observe/verify project progress in addition to operating automated office equipment.
Constantly - Activity exists more than 2/3 of the time
Frequently - Activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Occasionally - Activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Saunders Heath's Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Section 125 Plan
- 401k Plan / Safe Harbor plan
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus Program
- Employer Paid Term Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Short Term Disability
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
Please Note: We communicate via e-mail. Please check your spam/junk settings to ensure you receive our communication.
This posting is intended for individual applicants.