Cogswell Sprinkler Company, a subsidiary of Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Company, Inc., has over 30 years of experience in designing, installing, inspecting, services and maintaining fire protection systems. We strive to stay on the cutting edge of technological advances in the industry so we are always prepared to meet any of our clients requirements. At Davis-Ulmer we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
As a result of growth, we are currently seeking an individual for an Internship as a Fire Sprinkler Estimator, with the goal to work towards a Full-Time Fire Sprinkler Estimator.
Estimators are responsible for estimating costs of promotion and sale of fire protection systems and products to developers, contractors and end users.
- Assist the Estimating Department with preparing estimates and bid proposals based on evaluation of construction documents
- Assist in the review of construction and sprinkler drawing review
- Assist the Department in contacting customers and potential customers to determine fire protection needs and evaluate installation options
- Assist in developing and carrying out sales strategies
- Perform preliminary survey of existing buildings to determine costs associated with the installation of fire protection services
- Perform preliminary hydraulic analysis of sprinkler systems to ensure sale price accuracy
- Good communication skills both oral and written when working with all levels of management and employees, clients, external vendors and other business associates. Clearly communicates directions and information. Speaks effectively before groups as well as individuals. Must have good interpersonal skills. Cognitive discipline.
- Microsoft Office Suite, any hydraulic calculation program.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or currently pursuing a degree
- Six months to one year related experience and/or training
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Training on NFPA 13 (NPFA Criteria), and MA State building code will be provided
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Mostly quiet office environment, but may have moderate noise with computers, printers, and light traffic)
- Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds
- Stooping, bending, reaching, and stretching occur daily
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"