Adolfson & Peterson Construction, one of the nation’s top contractors, is recruiting for a Paralegal with corporate governance experience for our Business Services department serving all regions. We combine more than 70 years of construction expertise with the newest technologies in order to meet our clients' needs. We serve owners, architects, and developers with a commitment to teamwork and quality and are constantly looking for people to help us achieve our company goals.
Supports the delivery of legal services, including litigation and transaction administration, the review and analysis of contracts and other legal documents, the development of reports and plans, corporate governance documentation, the analysis of legal and risk problems and defining and/or overseeing the implementation of legal and risk management solutions that help optimize operations.
Because safety is paramount to AP and embedded into everything we do, all team members are responsible for working safely within our Incident and Injury Free culture.
Key Accountabilities of the role include:
- Take personal responsibility for working safely within an Incident and Injury Free (IIF) culture.
- All job activities will be performed in accordance with Company EH&S processes and procedures.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture.
- Ensure safety risk is evaluated and addressed in risk management processes and procedures.
- Support the management of litigation and claims resolution.
- Participate in and provide litigation and claims management support.
- Manage document collection, review and production, including electronic data.
- Prepare, issue and monitor litigation holds.
- Support legal and claims administration partners with research, audit and communication.
- In partnership with the General Counsel and Director of Risk Management, act as the liaison with outside counsel and insurance partners to expedite resolution of claims, including litigated matters.
- Work with Information Services and Operations to ensure record retention and disaster recovery plans are in place and tested.
- Support the management of contract transaction process and controls.
- Assist in the development of form/template agreements and standard provisions, facilitate the management and use of such forms and provisions.
- Draft, review, analyze and assist in the negotiation of contracts, including subcontractor and vendor subcontracts.
- Provide corporate legal and risk management support.
- Draft and maintain corporate governance documentation and Board of Directors meeting materials and process in support of the Corporate Security.
- Maintain and organize legal records, files and correspondence using applicable systems.
- Recommend, draft and assist in implementing risk management processes and best practice guidance.
- Conduct research and analysis as required by the General Counsel or Director of Risk Management.
- Deliver education and training regarding risk management programs, policies and practices.
- Coordinate with and assist internal and outside risk management personnel (including outside counsel and insurance adjusters) in effectively managing legal and risk matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- History of progressively more responsible experience and proven results including:
- 6 years of professional experience as a paralegal in a law department and/or law firm, plus an Associate’s degree and/or Paralegal Certificate from an accredited program or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience managing service of process, legal holds, and document collection, review and production, including the eDiscovery process and requirements.
- Experience drafting and analyzing contracts and other legal documents required.
- Experience in drafting corporate governance documents and knowledge of Board of Directors and Shareholder Meeting requirements and process.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards with the ability to work under the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and deliver a high-quality work product under time constraints.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deliver responsive service and build successful and lasting relationships with different audiences.
- Ability to prioritize requests and work independently.
- Developed skills (written, oral and listening) to effectively communicate with diverse audiences such as business partners, clients, business managers, insurance adjusters, operational personnel and outside counsel.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, eDiscovery, and other applications as required.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
Adolfson & Peterson Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer