Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Coordinate and support division and company through research and preparation of proposals, brochures, qualification packages, presentations, external and internal communications and other marketing services and materials – in alignment with the Balfour Beatty brand.
Provide support services for the acquisition of new business and for internal and external communications, demonstrating an increased level of judgment and independent thinking.
Essential Functions - Proposals and Award Submittals
- Coordinate and produce responses to RFIs, RFQs, RFPs and award competitions including research, writing, page layout, proposal graphics and cover design.
- Write proposal copy for review and editing by others, with minimal edits/changes necessary.
- Provide proposal information to company’s divisions upon request.
- Update all proposal material to reflect current conditions, and update CRM database.
- Create and maintain project fact sheets and resumes.
- Update and maintain client testimonials and references.
- Proofread, edit and provide quality reviews of proposals prepared by self and others.
- Continually strive for benefits-oriented messages and visuals in qualifications, proposals and other marketing communications.
- Assist in researching, writing and obtaining required reviews for press releases.
- Assist in coordination of necessary photography and distribution.
- Assist in writing, production and distribution of company news.
- Write communications copy for review and editing by others with minimal edits/changes necessary.
- Provide graphics and other creative support to all division departments and jobsites as needed.
- Participate in industry association to professionally represent and promote the company.
- Provide support for and represent company at events as needed.
- Coordinate with vendors.
Promote Customer Relations
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
Culture, Leadership and Employee Development
- Promotes our Creed. Communicates our vision and purpose through Service, Talent & Choices.
- Serves as a role model and promotes professional behavior.
- Participates in company training programs and commits to self-development.
- Assists in developing / facilitating project accounting training and orienting newly hired project accountants.
- Manages other jobsite clerical staff as assigned.
Embrace key BBC-wide initiatives, like Zero Harm, Sustainability, and core Values, and does one’s part to demonstrate relentless behaviors and embeds them into our culture.
The majority of work is completed in an office setting with intermittent sitting, standing, and walking.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Technical Writing or a related field plus a minimum of 5 years of experience preferred, or more than five years of similar experience in a related field/industry.
- Demonstrated strengths in written and organization skills and verbal communications.
- Solid writing, photo editing, page layout and presentation software experience.
- Able to organize people, tools, equipment, and other resources and orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish desired results.
- Exhibit commitment to quality, manages by data, and participates as a team player to meet/exceed internal and external customers’ needs.
- Able to make decisions under tight deadlines, changing priorities and in the face of incomplete information.
- Able to create, manage, and revise schedules and related assignments based on priorities of assigned projects.
- Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees while maintaining a constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
- Strong computer skills in Adobe Suite, word processing, spreadsheet, scanning, database and presentation communication software.
- Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.