Our staff includes many of the region’s most talented and experienced construction professionals. Saunders Heath provides excellent benefits, highly competitive compensation and an opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects in the northern Colorado community.
As much as we believe in our history, reputation and continued success, we believe in our employees. They add value and help elevate the company to a higher level. Their skills and ideas only make this company better. Now take the next step to join Saunders Heath, and see where it takes you.
Saunders Heath aspires to be an organization made up of people who are passionate about growing and developing both as individuals and as an organization. We are not about acquiring and keeping employees who perform jobs, but rather about fostering exciting, fulfilling and rewarding lifetime careers.
||$90K - $127K
Purpose of the Role
The Superintendent is responsible for the overall field management of a designated project including scheduling, subcontractors, personnel supervision, project staging and sequencing, safety and storm water requirements, quality control, and direct responsibility for field labor budget.
Functions / Duties
- Oversee total project supervision effort to ensure appropriate personnel, budget, and schedule are met.
- Participate in all preconstruction subcontractor meetings.
- Plan / schedule work in accordance with start-up schedule.
- Assist with implementation and interpretation of safety programs.
- Ensure all company, department, and technical policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered to. Interpret policies as required.
- Maintain all rental equipment.
- Control and monitor site logistics.
- Prepare and maintain all required documentation and records according to State & Federal compliance as well as company procedures.
- Conduct project meetings.
- Monitor quality control.
- See project through to close-out.
- Provide leadership.
- Lead by example and assist in training, mentoring and betterment of company resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities / Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum 5 years in the commercial building industry.
- Minimum 2 years managing projects in the Superintendent’s capacity for commercial general contractor.
- Managing work as a Superintendent for a general contractor who self-performs concrete and carpentry labor.
- Strong scheduling, quality, safety and field management experience.
The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position:
- Spends approximately 70% of the time sitting, and 30% of the time either standing or walking while on the job.
- Occasionally* lifts up to 15 lbs, when moving project binders, office supplies or files, and may stoop, kneel, crouch, and balance while performing these same functions.
- Occasionally required to climb, crawl, stoop and negotiate ladders, stairs or other routes at and within project sites in order to fulfill duties.
- Constantly uses verbal and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as E-Mail, telephone and radio.
- Constantly employs eye, hand and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery such as computer keyboard.
- Constantly utilizes full scope of visual capacity to travel to project sites and observe/verify project progress in addition to operating automated office equipment.
Constantly - Activity exists more than 2/3 of the time
Frequently - Activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Occasionally - Activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Saunders Construction's Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Section 125 Plan
- 401k Plan / Safe Harbor plan
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus Program
- Employer Paid Term Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Short Term Disability
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
Please Note: We communicate via e-mail. Please check your spam/junk settings to ensure you receive our communication.
This posting is intended for individual applicants.