Areas of Responsibility:
- Schedule utilizing Inspired Homes’ scheduling software and ensure that all construction activity follows the established critical path and cycle time requirements.
- Understand and maintain the current lead times for trade partners and provide them with schedule updates on a timely basis.
- Properly schedule and oversee the completion of all designated municipal inspections.
- Update company status reporting information according to established timeframes.
- Ensure all homes are 100% complete on or before the established Pre-Settlement and Quality Inspection Dates.
- Review all applicable job-specific information with trade partners prior to commencement of work.
- Provide regular written feedback to Purchasing Department on trade partner performance.
Job Site and Community Management
- Properly manage the location and appearance of all job site equipment, restrooms, and materials to ensure they do not interfere with marketing efforts and occupied homes.
- Ensure homes and production sites under construction are maintained in a clean, well-organized, safe, and secure manner.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and accessible field office and construction storage area.
- Know and enforce job site rules, regulations, and safety.
- Schedule and conduct all formal “points of conduct” according to the established formats and promptly follow-up on any outstanding questions or issues.
- Initiate additional contact with customers according to division requirements.
- Ensure expectations are being accurately established at all points of contact using the Homeowner Manual and company outlines and checklists.
- Be courteous and present a professional appearance when interacting with customers.
- Properly document customer concerns and come to a conclusion with the customer within agreed upon time frames.
- Respond to customer contact within established timeframes and document all communication in the homeowner file.
- Achieve the company specified customer satisfaction goals as measured by the Avid Ratings customer survey.
- Construction Cost Control
- Correctly identify and document all variances and determine their cause to ensure future elimination.
- Continually monitor job sites to identify and correct inefficiencies and waste.
- Authorize payment only after field verification of quality and 100% completion of work.
- Resolve any questions or problems regarding invoices and/or payments with the appropriate parties.
- Adhere to all established policies and procedures for authorizing and payment of non-contract work.
- Ensure material deliveries are accurate regarding quality and quantity and handle any discrepancies on site at the time of delivery or within 48 hours.
- Ensure the proper delivery and storage of materials to guard against theft, damage, or misuse.
- Promptly and properly communicate material variances to Purchasing & Estimating Department
- Properly document all material returns.
- Review plan accuracy and properly communicate any problems to the Product Development Department.
- Enforce the company quality standards at all times.
- Ensure adherence to all defect-prevention procedures.
- Walk all homes under construction according to company practices and conduct in-line inspections. Document in homeowner file all in-line inspection checklists.
- Conduct all quality control inspections in accordance with company requirements. Document in homeowner file all quality inspection checklists.
- Conduct pre-settlement orientations on homes and ensure all items are 100% complete and signed off prior to closing.
- Constantly monitor job sites and address apparent safety issues immediately.
Construction Knowledge and Skills
- Has basic knowledge and understanding of all national and local codes.
- Has basic knowledge of all scopes of work, contracts, blueprints, and insurance requirements.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete all established paperwork, reports, and files in accordance with the company format and timeframes.
- Present a professional image in accordance with company appearance standards.
- Maintain a high level of ethics and integrity in all dealings.
- Maintain a personal time management system to facilitate organization and efficiency.
- Assist with all other projects and special tasks as directed by management.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Previous home building experience as a residential Project Manager/Superintendent managing high volume, production building.
- Experience in managing multiple projects
- Must have knowledge of residential construction practices and methods.
- Possess a “take-charge” attitude and be able to handle high pressure situations.
- Good organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills with basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Current Driver’s License
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred but not required
Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Integrity & Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
Planning: Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
Time Management: Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
Conflict Management: Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
Self-Knowledge: Knows personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and limits; seeks feedback; gains insights from mistakes; is open to criticism; isn't defensive; is receptive to talking about shortcomings; looks forward to balanced (+'s and -'s) performance reviews and career decisions.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/female/disability/veteran