Our staff includes many of the region’s most talented and experienced construction professionals. Saunders Heath provides excellent benefits, highly competitive compensation and an opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects in the northern Colorado community.
As much as we believe in our history, reputation and continued success, we believe in our employees. They add value and help elevate the company to a higher level. Their skills and ideas only make this company better. Now take the next step to join Saunders Heath, and see where it takes you.
Saunders Heath aspires to be an organization made up of people who are passionate about growing and developing both as individuals and as an organization. We are not about acquiring and keeping employees who perform jobs, but rather about fostering exciting, fulfilling and rewarding lifetime careers.
||Senior Project Manager
||$100K - $140K
Purpose of the Role
A Senior Project Manager for Saunders Heath is responsible for all administrative and coordination functions for multiple projects. The position requires the individual to be involved with the project development at the earliest stages of negotiations or bidding to assure continual control. The Senior Project Manager works closely with the Superintendent; together they are jointly responsible for building and managing the team of employees and subcontractors to effect the entire construction process including all components. The Senior Project Manager is also a critical component of the design process to guide the construction budget and schedule within the needs of the Owner. The Senior Project Manager plans, directs and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Functions / Duties
- The Senior Project Manager is responsible for mentoring other project managers.
- Provides input and supervises all pre-construction services such as purchase orders, subcontracts, schedules, job cost set-up and project pre-planning.
- Reviews shop drawings for compliance with contract documents.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Monitors and ensures quality control and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule within prescribed budget.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required. Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinates project activities complying with government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Manages one or more Project Superintendents. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Also may directly supervise one or more non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities / Qualifications / Experience
- Longevity – Minimum 2 of the following:
Ten (10) years in the industry.
B. Six (6) years as a Project Manager for a General contractor doing similar work.
C. Three (3) years as a Project Manager for Saunders Construction.
- BS degree in construction or a related field.
- Successful management of complex projects up to $50 million.
- Experience in a diversity of project types.
- Understanding and experience in advanced building systems.
- Significant contribution to value engineering on major projects
- Solid client relationships.
- Motivational leadership to others in the Company.
- Proven ability to delegate appropriately.
- Assumption of corporate-level responsibilities in alignment with Company goals.
- Industry involvement in alignment with Company goals (AGC, trust funds, trade associations, etc.).
- Training/support/mentoring for members of the project team.
- Ability to make sound, timely decisions.
- Patience and fairness in employee, client and subcontractor relations.
- Demonstrated skill at handling challenging relationships diplomatically.
- Willingness and availability to listen and provide appropriate guidance.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Track record of profitability and maintenance of schedules.
- Mastery of project control systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot computer systems.
- Leadership role in presentation effort.
- Seasoned negotiator.
- Thorough working knowledge of general construction materials, processes and systems. Advanced blue print reading, working knowledge of UBC and OSHA safety practices. Construction sequencing and scheduling.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- The employee in this job must be knowledgeable about and follow the company's safety policies and procedures as described in the company safety manual.
The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position:
- Spends approximately 70% of the time sitting, and 30% of the time either standing or walking while on the job.
- Occasionally* lifts up to 15 lbs, when moving project binders, office supplies or files, and may stoop, kneel, crouch, and balance while performing these same functions.
- Occasionally required to climb, crawl, stoop and negotiate ladders, stairs or other routes at and within project sites in order to fulfill duties.
- Constantly uses verbal and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as E-Mail, telephone and radio.
- Constantly employs eye, hand and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery such as computer keyboard.
- Constantly utilizes full scope of visual capacity to travel to project sites and observe/verify project progress in addition to operating automated office equipment.
Constantly - Activity exists more than 2/3 of the time
Frequently - Activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Occasionally - Activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Saunders Construction's Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Section 125 Plan
- 401k Plan / Safe Harbor plan
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus Program
- Employer Paid Term Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Short Term Disability
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
Please Note: We communicate via e-mail. Please check your spam/junk settings to ensure you receive our communication.
This posting is intended for individual applicants.