The Tripp County Highway Department is looking for a full-time Highway Maintenance Worker to maintain highways, gravel roads, and signage throughout the county.
What you'll get to do!
- Run heavy machinery to maintain roads and right-of-way
- Perform routine construction, maintenance and repair work on highways and related structures such as:
- Hauling Materials
- Patching holes, filling cracks
- Sanding and or sealing surfaces with asphalt, concrete and gravel
- Welding and cutting
- Maintain shoulders and right-of-way
- Cutting brush, mowing grass, clearing trash, removing trees
- Straighten and replace broken or missing signs
- Clean culverts and drains
- Building and repairing roads, bridges and culverts
- Perform winter highway maintenance including plowing, salting, etc and applying anti-icing materials
- Install and maintain signing and traffic control devices
- Operate and maintain highway equipment such as dump trucks, front-end loaders, backhoes, tractors, snow removal equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance in equipment including routing minor repairs.
- And More!
What we're looking for!
- Minimum 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid South Dakota driver’s license and clean driving record
- Possession of Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) preferred or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment
- Ability to operate hand tools and light machinery
What we offer you!
- Market competitive wages - Starting at $19/hour if you have a CDL or $18/hour without, and we'll help you get that!
- Health insurance for you is 100% PAID!
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Participation in the South Dakota Retirement System as well as the
- SD Supplemental Retirement insurance and
- Paid time off (vacation, sick and holiday)
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
Tripp County, South Dakota is an Equal Opportunity Employer