Mears Group, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Group, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality and our people.
Senior Construction Manager
The Senior Construction Manager has overall responsibility for the construction team’s success. They are accountable for safety performance, ensuring quality workmanship and achieving project scheduling milestones. They are expected to develop a strong, trusting relationship with our clients so that conflicts and needed changes are addressed quickly. The position requires strong communication with our direct reports, team members, clients, vendors, and sub-contractors to ensure that project performance not only meets but exceeds expectations. This includes daily tracking job(s) progress, budgets, and change order submittals. A thorough technical understanding of Telecommunications industry standards is strongly desired within the successful candidate in order to effectively oversee the construction group.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Proven ability to lead, supervise and provide guidance to a construction team
- Set a standard for Safety that reaches beyond the minimum expectations
- Proven ability drive a construction group to achieving goals
- Thorough technical understanding of Telecommunications industry standards
- Effectively interact and builds relationships with customers
- Assist in building the baseline schedule and project budget
- Oversee monthly financials, accruals, and forecasting
- Lead weekly conference calls with project groups
- Closely communicate with internal support groups
- Resolve escalated issues that require coordination with other departments
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Weekly Payroll
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
What is Required?
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience within the Telecommunications industry
- Proven experience in management
- Excellent client and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Primavera
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Construction Management or related field
- PMP certification is a plus
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods with repeated lifting (Up to 50 lbs.), kneeling, crawling, climbing and reaching
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.