MEARS GROUP, INC
DE TECHNICIAN POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Direct Exam Technician is responsible for performing various examinations, detailing examination findings in report format, and interfacing with the customer representative(s). Emphasis is placed on quality of the work product and the efficiency of work execution.
- Actively participate in Company and Client safety programs
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform assigned NDT/NDE tasks, in which they are certified, and report results of inspections
- Set up and utilize various equipment
- Ensuring strict adherence to safety, health, quality, and operation guidelines and procedures.
- Possess the ability to recognize and mitigate hazards.
- Organize and report test results
- Fill out daily inspection reports and documentation as required
- Perform other job-related tasks as assigned by management
- Adheres to the Company Code of Conduct and Expectations
- Complete time sheet and expense reports weekly
- Complete Time and Material sheets or daily documents.
Required Qualifications and Competencies for the Position:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Willingness to travel, requires travel nationwide or regional 80%+
- Certified or Certifiable in NDT/NDE methods (i.e. RT, MT, PT, UT and VT)
- Skill in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and Outlook preferred.
- Knowledge in application and compliance requirements of regulatory codes (OSHA, EPA, etc.) and industry standards and recommended practices (API, NFPA, ASME, etc.) is preferred
- Self-motivated and reliable
- Ability to self-direct work schedule
- Make and keep company and customer commitments
- Ability to lead others
- Success in working on small teams
- Ability to communicate with multiple levels of employees
- Must be able to pass a drug test and obtain T.W.I.C card
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must abide by Company safety policies at all times
- Responsible for all activities performed on location
- Nace CP-1 and CIP-1 preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Trimble GPS is preferred
- Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, crawling, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing, visual acuity, accommodation and color vision
- Moving, carrying and lifting objects up to 50 pounds
- Enter/Exit and work in excavations.
- Be able to climb ladders and stairs.
- Be able to step up into vehicles or onto equipment
- Working extended hours and standing for extended periods of time
- Working in indoor and outdoor environments in conditions of extreme heat and cold
- Work in and near industrial hazards
Medical, dental, and supplemental insurance