Mears Construction, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Construction, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
GIS Technicians utilize Geographic Information System tools to analyze variable in different geographical areas.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Capture data using a GPS compatible tablet while using Locusview Software
- Compile information as aerial photos, surveys, and satellite images forming reports and articles
- Draw maps using Locusview software
- Research and verification to ensure accuracy of information collected
- Other duties as assigned
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
- Hourly rate of $15-$17 per hour based on experience
What is Required?
- 1-3 years’ experience in geographic information systems
- Strong computer skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to be outdoors most of the day
- Experience with Locusview preferred
- Associates degree or technical school equivalent in geographic information systems, computer science, or civil engineering preferred
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.