For more than 100 years, the Jamar Company has built a reputation as an expert specialty contractor. We have a history of proven success in solving difficult challenges for our commercial and industrial customers. We’re headquartered in Duluth, MN with offices in the twin cities metro area, Green Bay and Spooner, WI, Bismarck and Watford City, ND and Mountain View, WY. The Jamar Company also includes ASDCO Construction Supply, Arrowhead Refrigeration, Industrial Contractors, Inc. and CMS.
We are looking for an organized, detailed and team-oriented Safety Coordinator to fill a full-time, temporary position with our safety team. This person will coordinate and manage all aspects of safety administrative support, including confidential regulatory and personnel paperwork, customer compliance, database updating and maintenance, claims management, department communications, documents and manuals. The ideal candidate has initiative, self-discipline, strong attention to detail and the desire to make an impact in this role with Jamar.
Status: Full-time, temporary position. Expected to last 8 to 12 weeks.
- Two-year/AA degree in business management or administration, with at least two years’ experience in a fast-paced, complex administrative role, or high school degree or equivalent and at least four years’ experience in a fast-paced, complex administrative role.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential data and information.
- Strong computer skills; Microsoft Suite (including Access), mut be proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of google docs preferred.
- Strong organization skills: successfully multi-task, prioritize, meet deadlines and produce accurate work.
- Previous safety related experience is preferred.
- Must have a valid state driver’s license with clean driving record and ability to travel to work sites as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain compliance with customer-specific safety qualification websites; ensure that insurance certificates are current, employee training is assigned and completed, submit required employee qualifications and licensing, etc.
- Assist in managing the company Substance Use program.
- Update and maintain the safety database / statistics. Prepare and distribute weekly and monthly reports.
- Assist in claims management process.
- Assist in maintaining compliance with company Fleet Policy.
- Assist in the development of and distribution of safety related information to employees.
- Plan and coordinate safety meetings and other department events.
- Actively participate in programs and initiatives designed to enhance the overall good of the company, including sister company support as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrated coaching/mentoring skills, problem solving skills.
- Collaborate effectively with others.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to clearly explain complex information and processes.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily a stationary position for a considerable portion of the day (sitting and/or standing). The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. Must be able to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
- Travel to project sites, or other APi Group company locations as needed.
- The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in plant environment.
- PPE required when in the plant, yard or construction areas include:
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses / Goggles
- Steel-toed Boots
- High Visibility Vest
- Hearing Protection (designated areas)
- Personal Fall Arrest Harness