All State Fire and Security (A subsidiary of Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Company) is currently looking for high-potential talent! Would you want to work for a company whose Values include honesty and integrity, excellence on ALL levels, and fulfilling work focused on team and personal development of All team members? If you answered "Yes", please send us your resume, we would like to visit with you! All State Fire and Security is currently looking to add a Field Technician, for our Electronics division, to our team, who appreciates working with a variety of customers, both internal and external, where the environment is friendly and where there are excellent opportunities to development and advance.
At Davis-Ulmer we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Profit Sharing & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
Position Description of Duties:
- Installs, inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, and performs routine systems maintenance on commercial:
- Fire Alarm, Intrusion, Analog CCTV, IP Network Video Surveillance, Nurse Call, Access Control.
- Maintains knowledge of pertinent local, state, and federal fire and electrical building codes and insurance requirements.
- Maintain a clean, valid NYS driver’s license to operate a company vehicle used in the performance of duties.
- Maintains an inventory of parts, supplies and materials, and requisitions replacements as needed.
- Records and documents all inspections, tests, and work performed.
- Responds to emergency service calls, both during and after regular working hours (on‐call rotation).
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the electronic and electromechanical principles and processes relevant to the work assigned.
- Ability to operate the required power and hand tools and test equipment.
- Ability to diagnose problems in electronic equipment and make repairs.
- Ability to read and work from equipment manuals, schematics, and drawings.
- Ability to participate in the training of new technicians.
- Ability to keep accurate records and to generate accurate reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers and customers.
- 2 year degree in an electronics technical discipline, or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
- 3‐5 years of experience in the maintenance and repair of the electronic and electromechanical equipment specific to commercial building systems.
- A valid NYS drivers license with a clean record
- NICET Certification
- CET Certification
- Any certification in cameras, Access Controls, or Fire Alarm systems issued by manufacturer. Experience with Simplex systems is highly preferred.
- Military Experience a plus
- Must be able to climb ladders up to 50 feet.
- Must be able to work in physically fatiguing positions for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds for short periods and carry up to 60 pounds with assistance of dolly or staff
- Must be able to wear and use a respirator.
- Must be comfortable working at heights (up to 125 foot)
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory results of a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"