OBJECTIVE: Work with Amplify Association Management, who serve various state and national professional and trade association clients, and the ISA Producer Services Team, interacting with Iowa’s soybean farmers. Internship will include projects relating to meeting management, sponsor/exhibitor assistance, membership campaigns, social media content creation, writing, marketing and administrative tasks.
- Assist with developing, writing, designing, proofreading and creating/ordering materials
- Above can include signage, brochures, website content, social media posts, surveys and e-mails
- Communicate with farmers, members, clients and sponsors/stake holders
- Assist with meeting planning, preparation, registration and follow up or evaluation
- Track engagement and make entries in membership or education credit databases
- Assist with event emergency/crisis planning
- Assist in the creation and implementation of an ISA membership campaign
- Represent ISA at farmer-centric meetings, field days and trade shows
- Onsite assistance at Amplify client events as needed
- Other tasks as assigned
- Adapting quickly to change
- Strong understanding of customer service
- Ability to work independently and provide support to team members
- Knowledge of computer software, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management systems, etc.
- Friendly, courteous phone demeaner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of online social networking programs
This position requires frequent travel. Travel will generally be within Iowa using company vehicles and will normally be completed within normal business hours.
This position will be May through October. This position will work with Producer Services and Amplify for up to 40 hours per week, May through August. The position will work with Amplify for up to 20 hours per week in September and October.
This position has no supervisory responsibility
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Undergraduate degree (BA or BS), in progress or completed, with a focus in agriculture or hospitality/event management