Who is UFS?
UFS is the community bank technology outfitter that inspires confidence for community banks, by providing purpose-built solutions that make technology work for them, instead of the other way around.
Founded in 1991, our purpose is to Empower Community Banks and Our People to Thrive – Together. We live that Purpose by always putting people first in our decisions and actions.
Our engaged culture is strongly influenced by the passion our team members bring while serving Community Banks and their communities. We believe in encouraging confidence in each other and delivering solutions that make our customers confident with us. To that end we seek out problem solvers, creative thinkers and engaged individuals that thrive in a fast-paced yet supportive environment.
We believe engaged employees lead to loyal customers, which in turn drives results for our business. We are caring, intense, and approachable, and have a lot of fun along the way. Tuesdays - we have Virtual Trivia Time, Thursdays - you might find us out on the patio playing cornhole, and you never know what to expect on “Friday Funday”.
As part of a diverse and skilled Customer Experience team, you will be tasked with providing infrastructure support to UFS bank customers. You’ll answer questions via phone and e-mail about IT applications and functions, issue resolution and training. This position works under the leadership of the Managed Services Manager and VP of Customer Experience and in collaboration with other teammates across the company.
A qualified individual will possess the following:
- Enjoy working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong analytical, creative problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Motivated, curious and independent learner with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Ability to work effectively with deadline requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to excel at managing multiple projects and responsibilities in a fast-paced, customer-centric environment with a focus on accuracy and details
- Effective time-management, prioritization and scheduling skills
- Take ownership of customers issues and follow problems through to resolution
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities.
- Answer, evaluate and prioritize service requests received via phone, voicemail, email, etc.
- Ability to develop friendly rapport with customers via in-person, phone, email and service requests
- Act as escalation point for Tier 1 Support service requests; assist with issues as needed
- Provide training and FAQ documentation for Tier 1 Support personnel
- Provide minimal support to internal systems for UFS employees
- Log and track all requests using company’s customer management tracking system, including documenting all actions taken to resolve requests
- Document resolutions/technical information in a central location for knowledge sharing internally and with customers
- Install, configure, harden and maintain client/server hardware, software and related Microsoft technologies
- Provide technical support for client/server applications, including banking related applications
- Accurately onboard UFS products for customers
- Participate in assessments, project planning and client meetings
- Participate in technical projects with Tier 3 Support as directed by the leadership team
- Participate in rapid response to system outages
- Work with third party vendors on behalf of customers
- Occasionally provide in-person support to clients visiting our office, and onsite support to clients at their offices
- Perform daily checks to ensure system availability and successful backup execution
- Collaborate with team members to resolve more complex problems and escalate as needed
- Test and deploy new software and procedures, installations, conversions and upgrade activities
- Troubleshoot and resolve remote access issues, backup solutions, network connectivity, VPN and LAN/WAN connectivity issues
- Rollout patches following Tier 3 approval and verification
- Analyze and evaluate service requests to identify trends and make recommendations
- Look for and provide efficiencies for process improvement in relation to automation and security
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Technical degree in related field is desired
- 3+ years IT infrastructure support experience desired
- Robust understanding of Microsoft desktop solutions
- Prior experience providing customer service via phone or in-person required
- CompTIA A+ certification desired
- Previous experience with Solarwinds, N-Central, ConnectWise a plus
- Recent (within the last 5 years) experience at a financial institution (bank and/or credit union) is a plus
Our Competitive Benefits Package:
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401k program with employer match up to 6%
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long- term and Short- term Disability Insurance
- Work From Home Package
Personal and Professional Development:
- Ongoing Professional Development
- Vibrant Leadership Development Program
- Optional Employee and Family Events