Simply put, a cooperative is a business that is voluntarily owned by the people who use it, and is operated for the benefit of its owners. These owners are united by common principles to bring about results that would be unobtainable by a single person.
The Sioux Falls Food Co-op is seeking a full time Produce Manager to join their team! This individual will be responsible for driving sales by ensuring a profitable, organized and efficient Produce Department.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Manage department activities related to stocking, pricing and rotation of merchandise.
- Ensure proper set up and break down of product displays and constant maintenance of product displays.
- Provide accurate, polite and enthusiastic service at all times.
- Ensure departmental plans and goals are implemented. Work with General Manager to develop operating budgets and turn goals.
- Maintain accurate records of department transfers, credits and losses as required by the accounting department.
- Collaborate with General Manager to assure equipment is maintained and properly serviced.
- Manage all aspects of the operations of the department, based on organizational standards and goals.
- Ensure compliance from all staff regarding standards of customer service, policies and procedures.
- Set daily priorities for staff to ensure productive workflow.
- Conduct employee coaching, counseling and other disciplinary actions.
- Attend trade shows and trainings when requested.
- Ensure the department meets all Health Department requirements.
- And More!
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- 2+ years of produce experience
- Previous supervisory experience
- Knowledge of organic standards, produce handling and preparation
Here’s what will get you noticed:
- Good communication skills-active listener, gives clear instructions
- Commitment to superior customer service
- Sense of humor!!!
Here’s what we offer:
- Company sponsored health care. Co-op pays 50% of the premium!
- 401K with company match
- 20% store discount
- Salary range is $38,000 - $45,000 and will be dependent on experience