Founded in 1994, Lafayette Group helps public and private agencies enhance the American qualify of life through innovative technologies, strategic planning, and technical support services. Key areas of work include managing public safety communication programs, development of advanced technology, and outreach to State and municipal agencies. Lafayette Group offers its employees a great working environment with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Lafayette Group is seeking a dynamic and experienced leader to help manage and grow our Data Analytics Practice and ensure successful client delivery for Federal Government programs. These programs involve many of our Nation’s highest homeland security priorities such as emergency management, risk management, cybersecurity, election security, critical infrastructure, countering foreign influence, secure 5G deployment, supply chain security, and enabling secure and interoperable emergency/public safety communications. Responsibilities will be split between engagement delivery, relationship management, business and practice development, and people management. The successful candidate will be an experienced and motivated thought leader in the company who possesses a unique balance of technical depth and interpersonal skills. This position will involve working closely with senior clients to understand program challenges and opportunities and leading teams of data analytics/business intelligence consultants to deliver high-quality solutions using modern technologies and development best practices. This individual will also be expected to mentor and develop junior team members and spearhead the capture of new data analytics business.
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in information management and analytics and delivering insights through data solutions (i.e., data management, data visualization, and/or data science)
- 8+ years of external client-facing consulting and program/project management experience
- Successful track record of leading multi-disciplinary teams, advising senior level clients, and collaborating with senior leadership
- Strong knowledge of design principles for data visualization and encoding data including knowledge of UX/UI best practices related to dashboards
- Expert solution delivery using Tableau or Microsoft Power BI
- Experience using Microsoft Power Apps or building business applications to standardize data management capabilities
- Ability to leverage a variety of input sources (e.g., databases, flat files, custom applications) to extract and manipulate data using tools such as SQL, Informatica, SSIS, etc.
- Experience on cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Proficiency in SQL, Python, R, or similar product or language
- Understanding of enterprise database management systems
- Experience with various development methodologies (e.g., Agile)
- Experience leading successful, positive, and productive teams
- Strong written and oral communications as well as presentation and client facing skills
- Ability to balance the demands of multiple client assignments and team/capability development while maintaining schedules and deadlines
- Strong consultative, analytical, and problem-solving skills with a high level of attention to detail and commitment to quality assurance
- Ability to identify and mitigate risks to programs/projects
- Experience managing people including career planning, providing feedback, and performance reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government public trust clearance or suitability
- Experience supporting Department of Homeland Security (DHS) programs and clients
- Proven ability of growing existing client base and developing new accounts/clients from the ground up
- Relevant technology certifications are a plus
The primary locations for this position are in Arlington, VA and/or Tysons Corner, VA. (Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the primary locations for this position are temporarily closed, and staff have been asked to telework until further notice).
This position involves working on federal contracts that require all workers on the contract to be U.S. Citizens. Additionally, some contracts may require the ability to obtain a security clearance.
Lafayette Group provides equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibits employment decisions based on race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, or sexual orientation.