At Cemstone our mission is to achieve the highest standards of excellence in the building materials industry with dedicated people, each committed to exceed customer expectations through quality products, professional service, ongoing innovation, and sustainable technologies.
Founded by the Becken family in 1927, Cemstone offers truly integrated and sustainable concrete solutions for its customers in the Upper Midwest and across the country. When you work at Cemstone, you experience more than just a job. You earn a rewarding career, one that delivers an incredible opportunity to build a better future for yourself, strengthens us to become a better company, and fulfills your desire for challenge and growth.
About The Role:
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining effective working relationships throughout the organization to facilitate engagement of human resources policies, programs and procedures, and provides excellent customer service when addressing employee questions and inquiries. Recommends process improvement and efficiencies within scope of responsibilities to enhance the human resource function.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Provides counsel to managers and employees regarding human resources policies, programs and procedures to ensure compliance and support with company guidelines, employment law, union contracts and company culture.
- Manages Worker’s Compensation claims. Seeks input and gives advice on how to manage large claims. Works closely with the safety department and managers on return to work and injury prevention.
- Administers union contracts and facilitates resolution of contract grievances and assist in joint committees or arbitrations. Investigates employee and union issues including policy and union contract administration and interpretation. Involvement in the disciplinary process.
- Tracks employee absences and applies progressive discipline.
- Manages employee FMLA absences, working with benefits coordinator and managers as appropriate.
- Coordinate and implement wellness programs for employees. Manage these programs and vendors and provide feedback about success and opportunities for improvement.
- Participates in special projects in the areas of performance management, annual communication meetings, and training.
What We're Looking For:
- 6 to 8 years of experience in the Human Resources function, preferably in a union environment.
- 3 years of experience managing worker’s compensation claims and FMLA leaves.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or a related field.
- Working knowledge of Human Resources principles, concepts, employment law and best practices.
- Ability to handle work pressures, conflicting demands and difficult employees in a positive manner. Adaptability to pressure, unexpected or changed priorities or deadlines. Capable of making quick and responsible decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Professional Human Resources (PHR) Certification preferred
- Experience supporting outlying locations preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Education Assistance
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please apply online today. We are committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.