OBJECTIVE: Improve the lives of Iowa soybean farmers by increasing awareness, understanding and trust of modern agriculture among key constituents including food-minded consumers, brand leaders and influencers. This position reports to the Sr. Dir., Information & Education.
- Monitor and communicate issues pertaining to the soybean industry and their relationship to consumers’ quality of life; identify and act on opportunities to make these topics relevant to non-farm audiences and communicate them using high-value, consumer-facing channels.
- Oversee Iowa Soybean Association’s (ISA) ag awareness portfolio that includes:
- Iowa Food & Family Project (Iowa FFP)
- Iowa Ag Literacy Foundation
- Develop and implement the strategies and activities of the Iowa FFP in partnership with allied partners and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with an external team of communications professionals to execute priority activities that drive greater trust in modern agriculture among key publics.
- Establish and oversee ISA’s ag awareness budget; network with allied partners to leverage soybean checkoff investment in support of external funding.
- Collect and apply quantitative and qualitative consumer research, including annual Consumer Pulse survey.
- Serve as editor of Fresh Pickings Magazine, a publication of the Iowa FFP; oversee its editorial schedule, distribution and finances including the procurement of advertising.
- Lead content development for owned channels including social media, email newsletter and magazine.
- Coordinate with ISA team members for content development across owned, earned and paid media channels.
- Coordinate activities and tactics including community events, farm tours, keynote speakers and partner events.
- Represent the organization with external partners, sponsors, media and Iowa FFP consumer audience.
- Author quarterly reports, present updates to ISA board and external partners.
- Provide timely feedback and input to the Sr. Dir., Information & Education, for the betterment of the team and ISA’s service to soybean farmers and industry stakeholders.
- Acting Decisively
- Communicating Effectively
- Coordinating Project Activities
- Creating and Maintaining Networks
- Displaying Creativity
- Evaluating and Implementing Ideas
- Presenting and Public Speaking
- Setting a Strategic Vision
- Utilizing Feedback
- This position requires occasional travel, within Iowa. Some travel is outside Iowa and overnight.
- This position has no supervisory responsibility
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or related field.
- 2 – 5 years of experience in related field such as public relations, communications, industry relations.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Passion for working with farmers and understanding of agriculture is strongly preferred.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account available
- Cellphone and Wellness reimbursement
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Dress for your Day Dress Code