Headquartered in Taylor, Mich., Atlas Oil is the inaugural Simon Group Holdings company. Since our founding in 1985, Atlas has grown through technological and operational innovation, all while maintaining our unwavering commitment to customer success. Atlas offers single-source solutions for fuel, transportation and logistics and is one of the largest fuel distributors in the country, delivering over 1 billion gallons of fuel annually to customers in 47 states. We have an active real estate division and are engaged in transportation logistics and fueling including bulk, fleet, event, onsite, emergency response, and oil field services.
Atlas has a unique, entrepreneurial culture. We work hard, love what we do, focus on customers and have fun in the process! Our phenomenal growth is attributable to our people and that’s why we are successful in recruiting top talent. As an Atlas team member, you’ll receive the support of the entire Atlas team and be encouraged to learn and grow with us.
Atlas Oil offers its employees a full benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision options. We also offer life insurance, 401k that includes a company match and paid time off. In addition to that, we offer tuition reimbursement to assist our team members in their professional development.
If you are driven to be the best you can be and are looking for an organization to match your high standards, look no further!
The Credit Risk Analyst is primarily responsible for managing all aspects of the credit risk mitigation under their credit risk tolerance limits as prescribed by the risk management committee including researching and analyzing new and existing counterparties to determine appropriate levels of exposure, negotiating and structuring of contracts and credit support arrangements, and monitoring and reporting of credit limits and its automation as well as system integration.
This position will be required to manage specialized work efficiently, with confidence and competence. Above average attention to details, concern for exact correctness of work, and a strong commitment to tasks completed on time, is a must for this role. This position is located at our Houston, Texas office.
Required Education / Certifications
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or related field
- MBA is preferred
Primary Responsibilities and Scope
- General credit functions
- Review Credit Limits
- Review strategic credit positions
- Analyze, document and recommend new customer credit limit to be approved by appropriate management
- Maintain file that contains all customers credit and approvals for audit purposes
- Monitoring and evaluating active accounts to reduce or prevent bad debt losses
- Monitor all customers to insure they are staying within their approved credit limits
- Support trading management to achieve its goals without damaging your department’s ability to manage risk and control payment delinquency to acceptable levels.
- Provide guidance and support on new transaction types and how they should be reported
- Control the costs to operate the credit and collection functions
- Assess Changes in Largest Exposures
- Assess Counterparty Ratings
- Assess if all credit exposures are covered and mapped
- System integration of credit monitoring and reporting
- Ensure accounting systems and procedures are following company policies and acceptable risk/credit practices
- Implement credit management best practices
- Interact with internal and external auditors
- General business
- Provide advice to senior leadership on operational and strategic credit business matters
- Perform financial statement analysis on counterparties for credit assessment
- Support contract negotiation process and mitigate credit risks
- Communicate with various stakeholders to resolve discrepancies when performing trade checks
- Provide separate “set of eyes” in the Houston office independent of the front office
- Respond to ad-hoc queries from the Commercial Supply and Trading team and executive management
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Internal controls
- Maintaining, implementing, enforcing and improving credit controls and associated documentation
- Maintain internal controls for frameworks and develop tools and processes to better manage credit exposure
- Provide periodic (monthly) credit report for risk management committee for oversight
- Process improvement
- Develop process improvements considering effectiveness of credit controls and time efficiencies
- Centralize and automate real-time control over product and credit allocations across both proprietary and third-party terminals.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in progressive credit analyst/manager positions
- 3 to 5 years of experience using an ETRM software
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Knowledgeable of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within Finance & Risk Management
- Direct experience in the petroleum industry and/or trading operation (commodities)
- Risk (oil trading) proficiency; 2 to 3 years of experience in credit risk evaluation.
- Strong personality able to work with the Houston team while recognizing the control role and independent responsibilities within the Atlas financial organization