Classic Industrial Services is dedicated to providing high-quality industrial construction services. We have been in business for over 25 years and our current area of focus includes industrial insulation, scaffolding, siding, and refractory services.
Job Title: Carpenter
Department: Lincoln, NE
Reports to: Foreman
Management Role: Non-Manager
Salary Range: TBD
Summary: Build rough wooden structures, such as concrete forms, scaffold, tunnel, bridge, or sewer supports, billboard signs, and temporary frame shelters, according to sketches, blueprints, or oral instructions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform general carpentry duties, Rough carpentry, general conditions work, and job site maintenance
- Study blueprints and diagrams to determine dimensions of structure or form to be constructed
- Measure materials or distance, using square, measuring tape, or rule to lay out work.
- Cut or saw boards, timbers, or plywood to required size, using handsaw, power saw, or woodworking machine.
- Assemble and fasten material together to construct wood or metal framework of structure, using bolts, nails, or screw.
- Anchor and brace forms and other structures in place, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, wedges, and timbers.
- Mark cutting lines on materials, using pencil and scriber.
- Erect forms, framework, scaffolds, hoists, roof supports, or chutes, using hand tolls, plumb rule, and level.
- Install rough door and window frames, subflooring, fixtures, or temporary supports in structures undergoing construction or repair.
- Examine structural timbers and supports to detect decay, and replace timbers as required, using hand tools, nuts, and bolts.
- Bore bolt holes in timber, masonry or concrete walls, using power drill.
- Fabricate part, using woodworking and metalworking machines.
- Dig or direct digging of post holes and set poles to support structures.
- Build sleds from logs and timbers for use in hauling camp buildings and machinery through wooded areas.
- Building chutes for pouring concrete.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Construction industry experience is required
- Fabrication experience is a plus
- Mechanically inclined
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean record; in accordance to Company Policy
- Willing to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test
Formal Education and Experience Required:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
Willing to train the right individual
Lifting Requirements: up to 50lbs.
- Walk (move, traverse) Frequently
- Used hands/fingers to handle or feel (operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, position) Constantly
- Climb (stairs, ladders) or balance (ascend/descend, work atop, traverse) Frequently
- Talk/hear (communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express oneself, exchange information) Frequently
- See (detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, estimate, asses) Constantly
- Reaching: Constantly
Hazards and Atmospheric Conditions: Comments:
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the work environment is primarily construction-site based and may involve traveling between various geographic locations or projects. Employee will be required to wear personal protective clothing including but not limited to ear protection, eye protection, hard hat, gloves, and reflective gear. The employee will frequently be on active construction sites involving heavy machinery, cranes, and other vehicles. The employee will frequently/constantly work outdoors and in weather conditions such as extreme heat, cold, and precipitation. Work will involve occasional to frequent exposure to high places, confined spaces, noise, and weather elements.
Equipment and Tools:
Equipment used for job:
Constructions site visits may require: Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, High Visibility Vest, Etc.
List tools: None
List vehicles driven: Light Truck or car
Valid state issued driver’s license and a safe driving record required to operate company vehicle
Disclaimer: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Classic is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.